Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relay Magic
    replied
    You might want to really research biometerics before you buy. We are using a card/finger reader solution with our card access system, but there are a lot of down falls.

1) All finger print info is stored in the card/finger reader itself and does not integrate into our access system. This means we have to maintain two different databases.

2) If someone use a approved card, but doesn't have the correct finger the reader isn't smart enough to tell the access system that somone is trying to gain access to the reader.

3) They only work best indoors. We have a few mounted in outdoor enclosures outside, but they don't work so well.

4) If your going to install more than one, make sure that you run a dataloop between all readers so you can update them from one location, other wise you will have to take a laptop around and program each one everytime you make a change.

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    Yes actually. I invested in a biometric lock for the Office door, one for the sensative items door, and of course the time clock uses similiar systems. It is very efficient and secure!

Leave a comment:

• SgtUSMC8541
    replied
    My daughters daycare uses palm readers with pin code at all entrances and exits. I have a few sites that have used both palm readers as well and id card/finger readers for secure areas. One site has over 30. I like them. They do a good job of keeping areas secure, as well as letting people know that the area is secured. It stops simple card theft or loss, from compromising a secure area.

I have been looking into the time clock/sign in with finger ID for my larger sites use. I have see them in Staples. Any comments on a brand?
    Last edited by SgtUSMC8541; 07-04-2006, 08:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    In the Immigration office I've been stationed at a few times, but only 2 spots...Verifying the ID of asylum applicants, and the gun vault door.

Leave a comment:

• ycaso77
    replied
    A few extremely sensitive areas around our campus. Both a palm reader and an optical scanner for a double layer. Works quite well, only problem is keeping the screens clean.

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    replied
    We use it in high-security access situations. I know there's about 10 around campus, but the only one I know the exact location of is our evidence room.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I have seen simple biometrics deployed in time clock devices. Fingerprint scanners to prevent buddy-sign-in. This was for the workers at a factory. We used the time tested method of "call in" on a phone to the patrol supervisor.

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    started a topic anyone use biometerics ?

anyone use biometerics ?

ive heard about it on the news.. just curious if anyone has exerienced its use yet
    Last edited by SIW Editor; 12-05-2006, 04:56 PM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X