Cyber war – what about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyber war – what about it?

According to McAfee cyber war takes us to another level of “battle”. This battle inaugurates a new era, where the war as we know it, doesn’t exist. Nations engaged in cyber war use all available electronic means in order to defense themselves and many of them are getting prepared in a high speed as new threats arise.

It’s not a secret, these Nations include China, France, Israel, Russia, and the U.S, who are trying to defense themselves against cyberattacks and not only.

This new e-war can be really more effective to reduce costs and save people’s lives, just consider what the cost of an equipment would be in a real warfare and how many victims there would be!

Source: Trust-IT
    IT Security Intelligence
    www.trust-it.gr

Im not sure what exactly you are trying to say, and this article doesnt make sense to me. Sure all of us know that electronic types of warfare are out there to wage, but you dont consider the cost of a military move, you either make it or you dont.

The United States (although some may argue this) doesnt wage war on other countries seeking to annex land or resources, and it uses military actions according to effectiveness, not cost effectiveness (even though they both have alot in common, they are not always the same thing)

I also think you mean to say defend instead of defense, but i would have to understand the reason behind this article to know that, and i didnt see any.

Comment

The Navy takes it seriously, U.S. Fleet Cyber Command and 10th Fleet was recommissioned on 10 Jan 2010.

U.S. Fleet Cyber Command Mission
      The mission of Fleet Cyber Command is to direct Navy cyberspace operations globally to deter and defeat aggression and to ensure freedom of action to achieve military objectives in and through cyberspace; to organize and direct Navy cryptologic operations worldwide and support information operations and space planning and operations, as directed; to direct, operate, maintain, secure and defend the Navy’s portion of the Global Information Grid; to deliver integrated cyber, information operations cryptologic and space capabilities; and to deliver global Navy cyber network common cyber operational requirements.

U.S. TENTH Fleet Mission
      The mission of Tenth fleet is to serve as the Number Fleet for Fleet Cyber Command and exercise operational control of assigned Naval forces; to coordinate with other naval, coalition and Joint Task Forces to execute the full spectrum of cyber, electronic warfare, information operations and signal intelligence capabilities and missions across the cyber, electromagnetic and space domains.
      Navy Chief, Navy Pride

Comment

Cyber war isn't the same as nor will it take the place of regular war. Waging a cyber war alone won't conquer a country or defeat an enemy. I'm not saying it's not important, but it's not going to change the fact that fire power is needed and people are going to die.

IMHO, if you lose the cyber war or cyber battle, it may mean more deaths on your side, because it may mean your defenses are lessened, technologically; or your communications are interrupted or compromised.

But no major power is going to give up because the enemy hacked their systems.
        sigpic
        Rocket Science
        Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
        One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by FireControlman View Post
          The Navy takes it seriously, U.S. Fleet Cyber Command and 10th Fleet was recommissioned on 10 Jan 2010.

U.S. Fleet Cyber Command Mission
          The mission of Fleet Cyber Command is to direct Navy cyberspace operations globally to deter and defeat aggression and to ensure freedom of action to achieve military objectives in and through cyberspace; to organize and direct Navy cryptologic operations worldwide and support information operations and space planning and operations, as directed; to direct, operate, maintain, secure and defend the Navy’s portion of the Global Information Grid; to deliver integrated cyber, information operations cryptologic and space capabilities; and to deliver global Navy cyber network common cyber operational requirements.

U.S. TENTH Fleet Mission
          The mission of Tenth fleet is to serve as the Number Fleet for Fleet Cyber Command and exercise operational control of assigned Naval forces; to coordinate with other naval, coalition and Joint Task Forces to execute the full spectrum of cyber, electronic warfare, information operations and signal intelligence capabilities and missions across the cyber, electromagnetic and space domains.
          And never was i trying to say that i dont think this is an important and vital area. I was merely trying to wonder why the OP would insinuate that conventional warfare would somehow go away because this is a new frontier.

I dont really get it.

Comment

You are right, Cyber war is the future of war may be in future only attack towards the system to breach the secret information will be there. Many rival countries are facing hundreds of attacks daily and trying to improve the system but as we know nothing is fool proof.
            Ronny
            Mr Locks - NYC Locksmith

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X