LCD Screen vs TV Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Screen vs TV Monitor

Requesting advise. We have several DVRs that are being monitored by our Security Agency. Which monitors would displayed great images? Right now, they are being viewed through a LCD monitors. I was told that the images through a TV monitor has better quality. Any feed back is appreciate.

"Better Quality" is subjective. LCD monitors help enormously with "monitor strain," which I can personally attest to. More than 3 hours in front of this CRT, and I'm taking a break. I can stare at my laptop monitor all day long.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Make sure the LCD displays are clear even when viewed from an angle. Otherwise, LCD is a good choice.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

At present, I'm still using an 8 year old 19 inch monitor on my computer at 1600X1200 at a 75 hertz refresh rate.
        It still looks great!
        I would agree that lower eye strain is critical to keeping officers' eyes on the screens.
        A good, sharp crt running at 75 hertz, or faster refresh helps a lot toward that.
        However, I would agree that a good lcd is the way to go overall toward keeping officers' eyes where they need to be over the longterm.
        Especially when doing doubleshifts.
        Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight.
        Bedtime at sunrise

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd_shift
          At present, I'm still using an 8 year old 19 inch monitor on my computer at 1600X1200 at a 75 hertz refresh rate.
          It still looks great!
          I would agree that lower eye strain is critical to keeping officers' eyes on the screens.
          A good, sharp crt running at 75 hertz, or faster refresh helps a lot toward that.
          However, I would agree that a good lcd is the way to go overall toward keeping officers' eyes where they need to be over the longterm.
          Especially when doing doubleshifts.
          ... Lucky.

IBM C50 1024x768 at 60 Hz. The thing is DDR2 compliant, and my Radeon swears it can't handle anything more. I tried anyway... It can't.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

most of my clients ask for 17"+ lcd or plasma screens for viewing cameras through a dvr. for the plasmas and large lcds you can put a hdmi connection from the dvr to the screen and the resolution is very good

most security rooms i design systems for have limited space so we opt for lcds. also the price of lcd is so low now that you can get a 19" lcd for under 300

Comment

LCD monitors may have better picture quality but they have very narrow vertical viewing angle.

Comment

I got one from walmart ad it is only 198.00 and it is pretty good quality and no problmes so far

knock on wood

Comment

As Nathan has stated eye strain is greatly reduced with LCD. Mr. Security has stated horizontal view can be tricky other than direct view. Vertical view can be somewhat distorted as well.
                  There is a good side to LCD, power consumption and heat discharge. Power comes in very handy when calculating the total wattage necessary to maintain a site during a power outage. If massive as in the case of a hurricane or area blackout such as in the northeast a couple of years ago that is a critical element.
                  I have a UPS sitting under the desk. With the CRT monitor twenty minutes was the maximum I could push it. With the LCD monitor I can operate all the other things attached to the UPS for 40 to 45 minutes.
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X