Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open invitation to all offshore companies - how to operate in U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open invitation to all offshore companies - how to operate in U.S.

Over the years we all found new suppliers from offshore companies that we bought products and transacted with such entities in a good faith. In most cases such companies turned out to be fly-by-night operators or made some sort of splash, made some money and left the country and held everyone hostage with their unsupportable product lines. Their pricing was/is lower than most, therefore gave majority of us an opportunity to make more profit in our ventures. But such profits always were and still are short lived, as when such companies leave the country, we all are holding the bag.

Now, here are some ideas that I have been using with any and all non-recognizable brand manufacturers or companies who continue pouring in daily and trying to capture any business they can.

Here are typical questions that I ask each time any such organization tries to conduct any sort of business with us.

1. Ask them if they are willing to provide you with their business financial information. To make it even more interesting, ask them to provide you with their audited financials and see how they will react. The purpose of exploring this angle is to make sure that such “new” companies have any sort of financial resources to survive, thus assurance to be there tomorrow if/when we need them.

2. Ask them if they are willing to post business performance bond. What this will do is to allow you, the customer, to cash such a bond in case of their non-performance.

3. Ask them if they are willing to show you their product liability coverage from a reputable insurance company. This way if such product does fail and causes business losses, then such coverage will cover costs.

4. Ask them if they are willing to add you, the customer, to their business liability insurance. This way if you are in a lawsuit by one of your customers due to such vendor products, then they become the main party to pay for such damages.

5. Ask them if they are willing to provide you with their business plan. This way you can have a better feel that such a vendor is well organized, therefore will compliment your business.

6. Ask them if they are willing to provide you with legitimate paperwork for UL and other compliance requirements for our business.

7. Ask them if they are willing to show you their actual inventory and make a point to visit to verify. Make sure that they are not showing just boxes only, rather with the same products that they are trying to sell.

8. Ask them if they are willing to show their leases for the property that they operate from. This way you could tell how long such lease may last and is it renewable?

9. Ask them if they are willing to show you their technical support team and customer service departments. If you do not talk to more than few people, then you can tell if this is a one man show or backed by legitimate company

10. Ask them if they are willing to provide you with their customers list – after all you will have a chance to talk to such customers and get better feel if they like conducting business with such entity.

11.0 Ask them if they are willing to provide you with complete list of their warranty and RMA protocols. Do not tell them if it is good or not, rather make your own observations when you see them. Most will give you some sort of a form that they copied from another source and they will not even know how to use it.

If any of the above points are not an acceptable protocol for such offshore companies, then you have a serious decision to make if you still want to transact with such entities.

Very curious what the members of this forum feel about these ideas.
    http://www.cctvshowroom.com
    http://www.everythingcctv.com

No comments?

I am sure none of the offshore companies will make any comments about these observations...
    http://www.cctvshowroom.com
    http://www.everythingcctv.com

Comment

That's a good idea. Of course I don't by direct from overseas, but I get what you mean. What amazes me is that they don't hire proof readers. Even bigger companies that have been around a while.

I've also seen a couple of the issues you listed with big US companies that rebadge some things. One of the major US cctv companies rebadges some lower middle stand alone DVR's a few years ago. Some broken english in the manual. Then when I wanted it to email me on video loss, etc, which it was supposed to do, they had to call Taiwan, and it still took a while to get it done.
      sigpic
      Rocket Science
      Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
      One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X