Ppm2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ppm2000

Anyone use PPM2000 Incitend reporting software & What are your thoughts?

We are apparently getting it and as far as I have been told about what it will/can do, am impressed to say the least, especially the search features where you can type in a name and see reports where that name has been entered in the document.

Can anyone give me a review or comment?

Cheers

JB
    I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Originally posted by JB diligence View Post
    Anyone use PPM2000 Incitend reporting software & What are your thoughts?

We are apparently getting it and as far as I have been told about what it will/can do, am impressed to say the least, especially the search features where you can type in a name and see reports where that name has been entered in the document.

Can anyone give me a review or comment?

Cheers

JB
    I'm curious approximately how many incidents would you normally be reporting within a year?
    I assume that would be the justification for the cost?
    Last edited by sec-guy; 01-24-2009, 12:21 PM. Reason: additional

Comment

Originally posted by sec-guy View Post
      I'm curious approximately how many incidents would you normally be reporting within a year?
      I assume that would be the justification for the cost?
      We generate quite a few reports in a month alone let alone a year. As far as justifying the cost, obviously enough for management to approve such a purchase.
      I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

Comment

I have been using it since 1999 and have been through 4 versions and various upgrades. Support is excellent from PPM2000. The software is quite versatile and depending on which version you get and the modules you add on, it will help you track trends, management of investigations, create a searchable database of "incident persons", track property from incidents/investigations, etc.

Personally, I am a fan.
        Professionalism through Training

Comment

I know this is a couple weeks old, but figured i'd toss in a couple more things.

A company I use to work for used this software. I was quite impressed with it, as it was almost like the police department CAD system. Every entry that you make, it creates a report number. So, on your reports, you would simply add in the year (i.e. 09-0023).

Not only can you run names of individuals you've dealt with, but you can also run vehicle tags and addresses as well. My favorite feature was running names of barred subjects.

I would definitely suggest this to anyone looking for a good software. Oh, and you can put this on your laptop as well. Only thing is, you would have to have dispatch update it like once a week so your intel is accurate.

Comment

I have a few questions about this software.

Is this software a one time purchase or do you have to rent it monthly? Does the software have to be used on-line? And if so can I purchase it, download it, and install it myself on a server?
            Last edited by Acer; 02-04-2009, 03:48 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Acer View Post

Is this software a one time purchase or do you have to rent it monthly? Does the software have to be used on-line? And if so can I purchase it, download it, and install it myself on a server?
              From what I understand, you pay for a subsription for so many users at a time (like the Chubb FX system) so figure however many people per shift kinda thing, thats what my supervisor told me anyway.

Personally I really like the idea of searching for people/incidents in past reports so beats the old, asking your partners "why is this name sound so familliar, for some reason".

Comment

Originally posted by JB diligence View Post
                From what I understand, you pay for a subsription for so many users at a time (like the Chubb FX system) so figure however many people per shift kinda thing, thats what my supervisor told me anyway.

Personally I really like the idea of searching for people/incidents in past reports so beats the old, asking your partners "why is this name sound so familliar, for some reason".
                I think paying for a subsciption for software is crazy. I thought it would be like that.

Why can't people just make these types of programs so you can download them and install them on a server yourself? I don't need a company hosting my stuff.

I like the idea of it but I am not willing to pay a subscription for it.

Thanks for the reply though.
                sigpic

Comment

I think paying for a subsciption for software is crazy. I thought it would be like that.

Why can't people just make these types of programs so you can download them and install them on a server yourself? I don't need a company hosting my stuff.

I like the idea of it but I am not willing to pay a subscription for it.

Thanks for the reply though.
                  Don't take my word for it, thats just how I understand it this far. So my info may not be entirly correct.

Comment

Ppm2000

Hi. My name is Kurian Tharakan and I'm the VP of Sales & Marketing for PPM 2000. I can confirm that we have a few different purchase options for the software, including:
                    1. On Premises (your server) - One time purchase of the software
                    2. SaaS / Online (software as a service) - quarterly or annual subscription fee
                    3. Managed Hosting / Online - One time purchase of the software, but we'll host the software on our servers for an additional quarterly or annual hosting fee. (An option if you don't have the IT resources to deploy the system internally.)

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kmtharakan View Post
                      Hi. My name is Kurian Tharakan and I'm the VP of Sales & Marketing for PPM 2000. I can confirm that we have a few different purchase options for the software, including:
                      1. On Premises (your server) - One time purchase of the software
                      2. SaaS / Online (software as a service) - quarterly or annual subscription fee
                      3. Managed Hosting / Online - One time purchase of the software, but we'll host the software on our servers for an additional quarterly or annual hosting fee. (An option if you don't have the IT resources to deploy the system internally.)

Thanks.

Thank you Kurian, for clearing that part up for us!

Welcome to SIW forums.

JB

Comment

Thanks for your post. I will check in to it. It sounds like something I could use.
                        sigpic

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X