Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinion is very important

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Your opinion is very important

    I want to invite all the security gurus to provide me with any criticism or opinions on this new type of platform of security related website that we published today...

    http://www.intellex.us/

    It is not important to me if we are selling this product line or any other, rather, I want to see some feedback with your blessing on what you think the behavior of this new platform website. If this works in the long run, we intend to have similar websites for Panasonic, Sanyo, Bosch, GE and few others and specialize only on their DVR solutions...

    Again, thank you in advance and please give me some response regardless if it is good or bad... I always valued the opinions of all the members in this forum, therefore I want your professional opinions on what you think of it and if this is a sample security website that end users may consider.

    Thanks much!
    http://www.cctvshowroom.com
    http://www.everythingcctv.com

  • #2
    I like the look of the homepage. Has a nice appearance, easy, not confusing.

    Some of your links aren't working, but I assume they're not done.

    I think your "about" should tell a little more, how long you guys have been at this, where are you? Your "contact us" just gives you a form. I would have addresses and phone numbers, and emails, like [email protected] and [email protected], etc. I tend to not trust a site / company that doesn't seem to want me to know where they're located, or much about them. Just my 2¢.

    The "customer service" takes me to the service contract terms. That should be further down or a link from the customer service page. What I think you should have is about your customer service, what you offer, that you are factory authorized. Address, phone and email. Going straight to terms is a turn off.

    The DVR's dropdown, I think you should be able to click on any "family" button to get an overview of the family, in addition to following the menu tree. If I don't know the differences, how can I know if I want a standard, deluxe or premier (which is unnecessary if there is only premier)

    I prefer a popup window for large view. It's more trouble if I blow it up, then have to slide it around to see the detail I was looking for. But that may not be available with your site software.

    The "site map" takes you to a useless list. Search, in the raid box, what's an iw raid. That's what it looked like at first, an italic i before the w. Should be w/ or with.

    When I go to "intellex repairs" hardware, are you selling these repaired units, or is that a flat rate repair charge? It's not clear. If selling, use the term 'refurbished', not 'repaired'. And I don't like the listing of software upgrades under intellex repairs.

    Since it is the Intellex.us site, get rid of using Intellex in front of accessories, repairs, etc. Everything is for Intellex, so it's redundant. The logo on each page should take me to the homepage. Also, I would be very clear on the homepage that you are not the manufacturer, but an or the authorized online reseller and service facility. Otherwise I might feel you're trying to BS me, and may just go elsewhere cause I don't trust you.

    Is the "CCTV Forum" and "Reliable CCTV" part of or a sister company? If so, say so. They look like ads. Something like "to learn more about CCTV visit our CCTV Forum".

    I hope this is helpful. I'm sure some of these are glitches and typo's. And some of these are my own thoughts when I go to sites, you may not feel the same way.
    Last edited by integrator97; 12-16-2008, 01:55 AM.
    sigpic
    Rocket Science
    Making everything else look simple, since 1958.


    http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
    One Man's Opinion

    The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

    Comment


    • #3
      I didn't dig as deep as Integrator97, but I like the clean appearance of the site and the general organization. I am one that favors substance over "flash" and therefore favor a simple design.

      Just out of curiosity, did you need to get any type of permission from Tyco to use the Intellex trademark for your domain name? I am surprised that they would give any one of their distributors a right to use the name in this fashion. I know there was a big stink a couple years back when certain Avon cosmetics distributors were using the word "Avon" as any part of their domain name.
      Michael A. Silva
      Silva Consultants

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Silva Consultants View Post
        I didn't dig as deep as Integrator97, but I like the clean appearance of the site and the general organization. I am one that favors substance over "flash" and therefore favor a simple design.

        Just out of curiosity, did you need to get any type of permission from Tyco to use the Intellex trademark for your domain name? I am surprised that they would give any one of their distributors a right to use the name in this fashion. I know there was a big stink a couple years back when certain Avon cosmetics distributors were using the word "Avon" as any part of their domain name.
        Thanks bud for your kind words...

        We are the largest distributor they have in the West Coast and we also are authorized repair center for all their Intellex DVR product lines... As for obtaining Intellex trademark, well, it is does not belong to Tyco... Actually Intellex keyward is widely used and one of the most popular one is an Internet provider...

        Again, thank you... We are not 100% complete yet, but the structure is there and I only hope that we are in the right path to make it easier and simpler to use...
        http://www.cctvshowroom.com
        http://www.everythingcctv.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by integrator97 View Post
          I like the look of the homepage. Has a nice appearance, easy, not confusing.

          Some of your links aren't working, but I assume they're not done.

          I think your "about" should tell a little more, how long you guys have been at this, where are you? Your "contact us" just gives you a form. I would have addresses and phone numbers, and emails, like [email protected] and [email protected], etc. I tend to not trust a site / company that doesn't seem to want me to know where they're located, or much about them. Just my 2¢.

          The "customer service" takes me to the service contract terms. That should be further down or a link from the customer service page. What I think you should have is about your customer service, what you offer, that you are factory authorized. Address, phone and email. Going straight to terms is a turn off.

          The DVR's dropdown, I think you should be able to click on any "family" button to get an overview of the family, in addition to following the menu tree. If I don't know the differences, how can I know if I want a standard, deluxe or premier (which is unnecessary if there is only premier)

          I prefer a popup window for large view. It's more trouble if I blow it up, then have to slide it around to see the detail I was looking for. But that may not be available with your site software.

          The "site map" takes you to a useless list. Search, in the raid box, what's an iw raid. That's what it looked like at first, an italic i before the w. Should be w/ or with.

          When I go to "intellex repairs" hardware, are you selling these repaired units, or is that a flat rate repair charge? It's not clear. If selling, use the term 'refurbished', not 'repaired'. And I don't like the listing of software upgrades under intellex repairs.

          Since it is the Intellex.us site, get rid of using Intellex in front of accessories, repairs, etc. Everything is for Intellex, so it's redundant. The logo on each page should take me to the homepage. Also, I would be very clear on the homepage that you are not the manufacturer, but an or the authorized online reseller and service facility. Otherwise I might feel you're trying to BS me, and may just go elsewhere cause I don't trust you.

          Is the "CCTV Forum" and "Reliable CCTV" part of or a sister company? If so, say so. They look like ads. Something like "to learn more about CCTV visit our CCTV Forum".

          I hope this is helpful. I'm sure some of these are glitches and typo's. And some of these are my own thoughts when I go to sites, you may not feel the same way.
          Hey bud, first of THANK YOU for taking the time and observing many of the shortcomings... we are not 100% done yet... and all your comments and observations will be addressed properly... This is what I wanted to see, as we tend to operate "inside of the box" and do not see what is happening outside and all your observations are great points... can not say thank you enough...

          We have to go back to the basics again and actually have few other issues to address... at the end, all I hope that the potential end user or purchasing agent will have easier navigation and ease of use when selecting or purchasing these products...

          Appreciate everything you mention and again, thank you!
          http://www.cctvshowroom.com
          http://www.everythingcctv.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Good site, very detailed. I just have a suggestion and a minor quibble.

            The suggestion- as I was just telling a rep today, I like specs. I like details. I like numbers. You have a lot of good ad copy on the site but not enough hard mnumbers, in my opinion.

            The minor quibble, I think the site is a little too plain. I'm not a big fan of the color scheme, and the text is a little too small for my taste. You shouldn't overload the site with gizmos and doodads, but a little more flash would be nice.
            The CCTV Blog.

            "Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

            -SecTrainer

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
              Good site, very detailed. I just have a suggestion and a minor quibble.

              The suggestion- as I was just telling a rep today, I like specs. I like details. I like numbers. You have a lot of good ad copy on the site but not enough hard mnumbers, in my opinion.

              The minor quibble, I think the site is a little too plain. I'm not a big fan of the color scheme, and the text is a little too small for my taste. You shouldn't overload the site with gizmos and doodads, but a little more flash would be nice.
              Thanks much bud... Since this is a brand new platform for us, it took us roughly 3 months to adhere to it... and then when everything is complete, we intend to transfer all of our 30+ websites to the same platform...

              Your comments are greatly appreciated... and believe me. everything that I received from you and from the other members are extremely useful and thank you... Lets see how I will persuade our internal "geniuses" to follow these recommendations...
              http://www.cctvshowroom.com
              http://www.everythingcctv.com

              Comment

              Leaderboard

              Collapse
              Working...
              X