Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxx102
    replied
    When I worked at a central station here in MN as the Assistant Manager, I had the task of installing and programming our central station software. The software we used was BOLD Technologies Manitou system.

http://www.boldgroup.com/Products/Ma...8/Default.aspx

Once I had the program running, it was very nice and ran very well. The only problem that I had was we upgraded from BOLD Technologies old DOS based system to a Windows XP based system, the data didn't transfer very well so I had to rebuild the database. No biggie since we only had 40 or so sites online.

I no longer work at that central station due to a fall out between me and the manager. The current company I am working for has expressed their desire to have their own U.L. Listed Central Alarm Station and I have been pushing for Manitou.

Leave a comment:

• Investigation
    replied
    Originally posted by integrator97 View Post
    If you're monitoring paying customers, that's a very risky endeavor. A lot of liability riding on mobile people. Are you mainly alarms, or security patrol?
    No, this is all in-house and not contract in any way. The patrol officers respond to alarms for the organization.

Leave a comment:

• integrator97
    replied
    If you're monitoring paying customers, that's a very risky endeavor. A lot of liability riding on mobile people. Are you mainly alarms, or security patrol?

Leave a comment:

• Investigation
    replied
    Originally posted by integrator97 View Post
    Do you want it to send you the information, or just that you have an alarm?

We have a corporate client with their own receiver and security. We use an output on the Ademco receiver to trigger an onsite paging system (digital pagers), which tells them there is an alarm. This is for nights and weekends if the SO steps away to use the restroom, or check on something. They also get a page if someone is outside the security office or the local alarms trigger while they are out.

If that's what your looking for, I can give you more details.

There are probably ways to send you the information, but I wouldn't think it a wise choice. I actually have an idea for that, depending on your scenario.

As far as software, you would be looking at central station software from a number of companies. But SIMS can be used for up to 50 accounts for free, so that may work for you.
    Thank you for the information. I looked at SIMS and may give it a test. Right now, we are using a monitoring company that I'm not pleased with at all, so I would like to transition over to self monitoring. The area is fairly big and contains several facilities over 100 square miles, so using on-site paging would not be an option. I would like to use the alpha pagers we have along with email (to laptops in patrol cars) to provide some redundancy in case of failure.
    I'm just looking to send burg signals as I can monitor polling/tests during the day.

Another program I looked at was Rhinoceros Alarm Software (http://www.aroct.com), but I'm having problems getting it operational.

Leave a comment:

• integrator97
    replied
    Do you want it to send you the information, or just that you have an alarm?

We have a corporate client with their own receiver and security. We use an output on the Ademco receiver to trigger an onsite paging system (digital pagers), which tells them there is an alarm. This is for nights and weekends if the SO steps away to use the restroom, or check on something. They also get a page if someone is outside the security office or the local alarms trigger while they are out.

If that's what your looking for, I can give you more details.

There are probably ways to send you the information, but I wouldn't think it a wise choice. I actually have an idea for that, depending on your scenario.

As far as software, you would be looking at central station software from a number of companies. But SIMS can be used for up to 50 accounts for free, so that may work for you.

Leave a comment:

• Investigation
    started a topic Central Station Software

Central Station Software

Hello everyone. I am looking for inexpensive (or free) central station software that will process alarm calls and automatically notify via email/alphanumeric pager. I would like to use a Silent Knight 9500 as the receiver. This is for a small, in-house application. Any ideas?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X