Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • synergy6
    • Sep 2008

Any trade shows coming up?

I seriously need to get smart on electronic surveillance and new gizmos I can use in my work as a PI and Private Patrol Operator. Anybody know of a trade show on the west coast in the next few months?

I have had inquiries on GPS vehicle tracking systems, video surveillance, alarms for home and car, and in general cool stuff.

I'd like to attend a show prior to the end of '08 (tax write-off)
  • Bill Warnock
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by synergy6
    I seriously need to get smart on electronic surveillance and new gizmos I can use in my work as a PI and Private Patrol Operator. Anybody know of a trade show on the west coast in the next few months?

I have had inquiries on GPS vehicle tracking systems, video surveillance, alarms for home and car, and in general cool stuff.

I'd like to attend a show prior to the end of '08 (tax write-off)
    Might I suggest you contact Kevin Murray [email protected] and/or visit the website http://www.spybusters.com/blog/Kevin...Scrapbook.html
    He will be able to clue you in as to the equipment exceptional, excellent, good, bad and junk.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

• Curtis Baillie
      • Jul 2006

ISC East is in the last week of October.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

• UtahProtectionForce
        • Jan 2007

Outdoor winter retailers market coming up in jan. here in 2008, alhtough primarly outdoor stuff, they have lots of gizmos they show there too.

here is more info.

Its not how we die that counts.....
        Its not how we lived that counts....
        all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

• SIW Editor
          Administrator
          • Nov 2004

California Alarm Association has a show coming up in December 2008. It's in the Bay Area, I believe. It is not just focused on alarms. Call them up and you can probably get them to tell you whether there will be vendors there who might have what you are looking for. Ask for Jerry at the CAA.

Comment

• CameraMan
            • Sep 2007

Just a reminder-

I'll be at ISC East, booth 1745, from 9 to 2ish. I'll be at the store, on 9th ave. between 33rd and 34th, 2 blocks from the convention center, from around 3ish to 7 pm, when we close.

Thursday I'll be at the store from 10 to 7.

Just in case anyone wants to drop by and say hi.

Ask for Ari.
            The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

• SIW Editor
              Administrator
              • Nov 2004

Our magazines and our website staff will be at Booth 981 (all the way in the back). Come see us. Drop off a card and grab one of mine if you want to find out how to reach me during the show (I am rarely at booth).

This should be an interesting show. I was told (by people who know) that pre-registration for ISC East is up over 2007, so it sounds like a good number of people might be coming (however, it doesn't cost anything to pre-register, so there's always that...).

That said, I've been invited to lots of press meetings and on a surprising number of them, when I tell them OK, let's meet, and ask "What booth are you in?", they say "Oh, we're not doing a booth for this show, maybe we can meet for coffee in the center?". Some of these are big companies.

That is kind of telling, but I hope it's good! Ari, I will PM you my contact info. Let's catch up during the show.

Geoff
              Last edited by SIW Editor; 10-28-2008, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...