software house need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software house need help

i have a istar pro with a rm 4 third party board connected at the server pc the door status it shows the reader is in com fail i changed the card '

the card is one of 3 run of of the same sheilded 4 conductor loop the card before and the card after are working ok they were also changed at the same time

also i seem to have cards burn out after storms any ideas on surge protection

thanks ron
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-03-2008, 10:21 AM.

Does the reader work? If not, are there any lights on the reader? Have you check the wiring to the reader? Have you swapped out the reader?
    sigpic
    Rocket Science
    Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
    One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Check everything

I ask this , was the unit working or has this been reciently installed ? COM errors sugest to me your either running a flavor of linux or if a MS product you have a faulty wire between the unit and the server . With server 2k series the ports are automaticly configured , with linux its a do it your self process . there could be a problem with drivers as this is not a standard computer peripheral . This is all academic with out being able to look at the unit . Another sugestion is to check the fuses (inline and internal ), the wiring to the readers , the software settings and even the power cord (believe it or not it has happened). check you IRQ's they have been known to cause errors . When in doubt spend the money to get it looked at by a professional . I don't want you to get too specific as we are talking about your security but this is like going on a doctor's forum and asking , I have a hole in my chest how do I stop the bleeding ? it depends on how the hole was created weather or not its a stab wound or a bullet wound . two different fixes for the same problem . I don't want to sugest replacing know good parts for parts of unknown quality in this price range but test everything in your power.
      Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
      Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

sofe ware hse help com fail reader

the rm 4 in one of 3 cards run of of the same 4 conductor run all shielded wiring

to p1 connector on the card i have dc power in out and data in out

the cards before and after it on the loop work fine

???????????????

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X