Adding an external voice dialer to Gem P-1632

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an external voice dialer to Gem P-1632

Can anyone who is good with the Napco Gem -P1632 guide me on how to add an external voice dialer to this control?

I'm keen on the AD-2001 2CH. dialer.

Kind Regards,

Ian_agn.

Why the Dialer?

Originally posted by Ian_agn
    Can anyone who is good with the Napco Gem -P1632 guide me on how to add an external voice dialer to this control?

I'm keen on the AD-2001 2CH. dialer.

Kind Regards,

Ian_agn.
    Those voice dialers are nothing but trouble. Everyone that I have ever had to install has been removed and the signals sent to the sentral station for a more reliable communication method.

The biggest problem that I have seen is that the timing issues are to much of a disadvantage to over come. What I mean by that is that you have to be a clairvoient to be able to anticipate the amount of time to wait until the voice dialer actually starts its message. If you wait to long and someone answers the phone they think no one is there and hang up before the message plays. If you do not wait long enough and no one answers and it goes to a voice mail system you important message is done relaying its all important information before the voice mail system even starts recording.

But if your lucky enough to get the timing right it has the potential to do its job.

However the digital communicator that is built into the panel has a much higher potential to do its job right much more often.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X