Andover Continuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andover Continuum

I currently am involved in the day to day operations of the Security portion of the Andover Continuum product. Are there any others out there with some experience with it? If so, I'd like to chat and see if there are any cool programs or tricks that will increase my knowledge.

Thanks

Originally posted by Mankato_SecOff View Post
    I currently am involved in the day to day operations of the Security portion of the Andover Continuum product. Are there any others out there with some experience with it? If so, I'd like to chat and see if there are any cool programs or tricks that will increase my knowledge.

Thanks
    Are you talking about this? That was the first google hit for "Andover Continuum", and it mentioned Schneider Electric, which I believe just bought Pelco.
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

The Andover Continuum product is unique in that it is almost totally customizable by the systems integrator that installed it. Unlike most security management systems (Lenel, NexWatch, Software House, etc), the user interface on the software varies from user to user depending on how the integrator configured it.

So if I was looking at a screen on my Continuum software, and you were looking at a screen on yours, chance are we would be looking at two entirely different things. This makes the development of a standard operating manual or users guide almost impossible - specific instructions need to be developed for each individual installation.

This flexibility is a two edged sword. In the hands of a knowledgeable systems integrator, the Continuum can be a very powerful system. In the hands of a poor integrator, the system can be a nightmare.

Andover is a major player in the building automation world and many Continuum security systems are installed by HVAC/automation contractors rather than security systems integrators. Some security contractors do install Continuum, but except in certain specialty applications, the product is rarely cost competitive because of the extensive labor required to properly configure it.

To learn more about your Continuum system, you really need to get training from the specific integrator that installed your system.
      Michael A. Silva
      Silva Consultants

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X