Perimeter Intrusion & Detection Systems Sensors Focus Group for Emergency Responders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAVER Program
    • Feb 2008

Perimeter Intrusion & Detection Systems Sensors Focus Group for Emergency Responders

The Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SPAWARSYSCEN), Charleston was tasked by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), as part of the System Assessment and Validation for Emergency Responders (SAVER) program to provide an assessment report on Perimeter Intrusion & Detection System Sensors (IDS sensors) for emergency responders. SAVER provides information on equipment that falls within the categories listed in the DHS Authorized Equipment List (AEL). For more information on the SAVER program, please visit the following website: https://saver.fema.gov/default.aspx?module=AboutSAVER

Under the direction of SPAWAR, BAE Systems, Inc. is seeking 6-10 emergency responders from various demographic areas throughout the United States in order to conduct a focus group on perimeter IDS sensors. Participants will be asked to review features and capabilities of existing perimeter IDS technology and rank their importance as well as provide input to the types of situations under which the technology should be tested in an ensuing assessment. We will conduct a comparative assessment of currently available perimeter intrusion and detection sensors to evaluate their capability in perimeter security applications. These results will then be used in an assessment of various commercially available perimeter IDS sensors in order to provide emergency response communities with validation information and to assist them with making procurement decisions.

We are not selling or endorsing any products.

We are aiming to conduct the focus group within the 3rd or 4th week of March and will establish a specific date and central location for the focus group once all participants have been selected. Related travel and lodging expenses will be reimbursed. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Last edited by SAVER Program; 04-21-2008, 02:32 PM.
    Susanne Taylor
    Project Analyst
    BAE SYSTEMS
    4340 Corporate Road
    N. Charleston, SC 29405
    (843)414-3615
    [email protected]
  • Bill Warnock
    • Feb 2005

Susanne:
    If your half as successful with this project as you were with the NAVELEX's installation of the modified Vindicator system for the US Army Materials' 12 Chemical Installations in the early 1980s when I was the Security Office's action officer, you'll indeed have a feather in your cap. Good luck!
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

• Curtis Baillie
      • Jul 2006

I'm locking this thread as the same post was made in the general discussion fourm. I'm not going to delete the thread due to Mr. Warnock's comment.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

• SIW Editor
        Administrator
        • Nov 2004

Curtis, I'm leaving this one open and closing the one in the OnGuard forum. This is where it belongs. Thread is now back open for business!

Geoff

Comment

• Curtis Baillie
          • Jul 2006

I also thought it was the correct fourm, but all the commenting has been made in the General Discussion fourm.

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

• N. A. Corbier
            • Aug 2005

Better idea, lets merge the OnGuard thread into this one? It'll require Geoff to do it, since I don't have mod access here, and Curtis doesn't have mod access there.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• Curtis Baillie
              • Jul 2006

Good idea - let's split the baby.

Comment

• Mr. Security
                • Sep 2005

Contact me when you want someone to actually breech the perimeter security.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...