Vehicle Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Software

I need help on this and I do not want to use Excel or anything like that. At my mall, we are supposed to park in designated areas (marked with yellow lines) in the back of the lot.

I need a program where I can enter information as well do searches for employee vehicles. This will be used for us as well as about 3000 tenant employees. Its a hard task and a good program I can throw to the brass would help me out alot. This program also has to be able to keep histories of how many violations the vehicle got. Thanks!
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

The program that you describe could easily be created by someone who was familar with Microsoft Access. This is part of the Microsoft Office suite and is a sister program to Word and Excel. If you don't have someone on your staff that knows Access, there are probably lots of freelance consultants in your area who could put this together for you fairly inexpensively.

There may be some "canned" software that does exactly what you want, but I am not aware of any. The advantage of using Access is that you could customize the program exactly the way you wanted it.

Just out of curiosity, what is your objection to using "Excel or anything like that"..?
    Michael A. Silva
    Silva Consultants

Comment

There are Parking Management programs out there. We had one at the office, but I forgot the name of it, when I go out there this weekend on post checks I'll take a look at it and get it for you.
      SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

<rant> Access is evil! </rant>

To legally use Microsoft Access, each vehicle using the software must have a license for Microsoft Office Professional. Or, if you are using an older version, a direct license for Microsoft Access.

Every computer using the software must have a software license. Otherwise, its illegal to install or run the program.

I have seen many companies put one copy, with one site license, of Access on a network share and run it like that. When this happens, their IT department flips out and goes into damage control mode.

If Microsoft or the BSA finds out, there will be hell to pay. To the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

gcmc security part 2, Please get back to me.

Nathan, I am trying to stay away from spreadsheets and such but If I have to use them I will. Some of our programs are MS Access but we dont like it.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
            <rant> Access is evil! </rant>

To legally use Microsoft Access, each vehicle using the software must have a license for Microsoft Office Professional. Or, if you are using an older version, a direct license for Microsoft Access.

Every computer using the software must have a software license. Otherwise, its illegal to install or run the program.

I have seen many companies put one copy, with one site license, of Access on a network share and run it like that. When this happens, their IT department flips out and goes into damage control mode.

If Microsoft or the BSA finds out, there will be hell to pay. To the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines.
            There is an alternative option to Microsoft Excel or Access.. It is called OpenOffice (here is the url: http://www.openoffice.org/) that initially was developed by Sun and now it is open source... Very stable and works great and you can open anything Microsoft or save to different formats. No licensing is required and you can reuse or distribute as many copies as you want... as long as you do not sell it of course (violation of open source rules).
            http://www.cctvshowroom.com
            http://www.everythingcctv.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
              I need help on this and I do not want to use Excel or anything like that. At my mall, we are supposed to park in designated areas (marked with yellow lines) in the back of the lot.

I need a program where I can enter information as well do searches for employee vehicles. This will be used for us as well as about 3000 tenant employees. Its a hard task and a good program I can throw to the brass would help me out alot. This program also has to be able to keep histories of how many violations the vehicle got. Thanks!
              Try this, it may be just what you are looking for.

http://pw2.netcom.com/~tomt393/brenda1r.html

I discovered that this link doesn't take you to the traffic-vehicle log. So when you click this link on, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on home page. When you get there, click on the traffic-vehicle version and it will take you to the proper page and software.
              Last edited by Spyyman; 10-22-2007, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Is it the Traffic Log Ver. 1.1?

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
                  Is it the Traffic Log Ver. 1.1?
                  That's it!!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X