PIN Numbers/Replication of 'Em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIN Numbers/Replication of 'Em

Question...My facility (a combination archives/art museum on a University campus) just replaced an older PicturePerfect system with SecurePerfect. For years the possibility of having a departing employee's four digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) replicated later or, or left active, was handled by keeping all the departed employees in the personnel database. This way PicturePerfect would not allow you to inadvertently reissue a "used" PIN number. The problem is that you end up (after 13-years) with a huge database comprised mainly of long-gone employees. Is there a better way of preventing the reuse of PIN numbers?

I would think that computer generated PIN numbers would do the trick. The computer would detect when a number had been previously issued. The problem would be in manually entering data into the program.
    Talk with your IT folks and see if that might be the solution.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Thanks...

Bill...I was thinking that such a "random number generator, without replication" might exist somewhere out there in computer-land. The challenge is finding the thing!

Comment

Check with the IT department, Wyoming DMV. If they have the same type software as they do here in Virginia, numbers are not to be duplicated for 150 years, if I got that right. The IT may be able to tell you their software vendor who can install a similar program.
        Geoff, due you know of company that can be of help?
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X