Dispatch Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatch Software

This is a split of this thread. We currently use E911Help and E911Stat which are made by Rad Software. This software is very bland and want something at a decent price that can do more then what E911 can do. Any ideas?
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

CESI's Report Exec Professional, Report Exec Hosted, and Report Exec Enterprise all have a dispatching module. Its an add on, but this would allow you to consolidate everything into one program. I have a demo of Report Exec Professional lying around, its a nice dispatch module which ties into the reporting system as well.

However, this is money. Like, twice as much (omg!) as E911Pro. But... It does everything, whereas E911Pro wants 300-500 per function.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

PPM2000 used to have software called (I think I remember correctly) DispatchLog. I did their demo a few years out of personal curiosity and was very impressed by it. I have a friend who's security agency uses it and says he likes it very much. PPM2000 also has other products that tie into it such as incident reporting and a nice stat program that keeps track of where things are occuring and what (repeated) resources are being used. I also believe they have some sort of maintenance request software/product so, through your dispatch software you can create maintenance tickets.

I see now that they have taken their product tours offline and they don't have anything listed, but you can email them at [email protected]. I'll also send an email to my friend to see if they are still servicing their software.

Comment

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
          Any other suggestions?
          Anyone? Anyone?

Comment

Anyone? Anyone?
            I know of a security agency, that uses "crimcase", and another that uses "IRIMS". IRIMS is pretty cool as you can have peoples names ran to see of they have been "trespassed" or involved in any incidents. Also, you can run addresses for "premise history" and etc..
            "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
              I know of a security agency, that uses "crimcase", and another that uses "IRIMS". IRIMS is pretty cool as you can have peoples names ran to see of they have been "trespassed" or involved in any incidents. Also, you can run addresses for "premise history" and etc..
              Link to the software?

Comment

Link to the software?
                www.crimcase.com

www.ppm2000.com/software_IRIMS.htm
                "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

We use PPM2000 "Frontier" CAD system were I work. It's a nice system for the hospital.
                  K9...."Protect all who enter"

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                    CESI's Report Exec Professional, Report Exec Hosted, and Report Exec Enterprise all have a dispatching module. Its an add on, but this would allow you to consolidate everything into one program. I have a demo of Report Exec Professional lying around, its a nice dispatch module which ties into the reporting system as well.

However, this is money. Like, twice as much (omg!) as E911Pro. But... It does everything, whereas E911Pro wants 300-500 per function.
                    What do you think they get for Report Exec, Nate? Like most other commercial software companies, I notice they're very coy about pricing on their website - as if it's a secret. (I just don't want to contact them and be on their mailing list!)
                    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

For better or worse, I'm on their mailing list. If I remember correctly, the hosted solution is 50 a month for the basic module (no dispatching), and their stand-alone server is 3 grand. It goes higher for the "Enterprise" version which references a MS SQL Database so you can have other applications talk to the ReportExec DB. I want to say they wanted about 10k for the "Enterprise" edition, but that number is suspect even to me.

There are some cavaets that I really don't like aobut the hosted version: It's some kind of ASP-based solution that requires Active X, and therefore is IE only. This means that organizations using Vista (IE 7) or Firefox (Whatever OS) are left out in the cold.

Since I don't have an account, and had to learn that from someone, I haven't gotten a chance to "make Firefox work" with it. But, if I were a client of theirs, I would want to know why I couldn't use the browser of my choice. Especially on work laptops that I may not want employees running Active X on, since I need to at least try to maintain info security.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Thanks for the observations, Nate. Good points, all.
                        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X