No announcement yet.

Access Control Software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire's assessment of the retail environment is right on. Malls by their very nature want to welcome, through unlocked doors, the masses.

It would be nice to expand the CCure system to include monitoring of the doors which concern you. The issue you face is that while the door contact will cost $20 or so, the labor to cable, program and test will be substantially more- from your previous posts it is clear your management does not intend to improve things much.

Good luck and continue those visual inspections!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G. Orwell

Comment

at my old site in the control room we had some security siftware that allowed you to unlock/lock doors that had card access

Comment

Ok I did some checking. The box where all the wiring is stored is Sensormatics. The CCure system is handled by Ingersoll Rand (Security Technologies division). The magnet on our securrity office door recently malfunctioned and I talked to the tech. He said their company offered our mall a better system with perimeter doors included at a lower price when the mall was being constructed (completed in 2001) and the company that owns the mall declined. That sucks. He said to do all the stuff I want to do would cost around $100,000. O well, another idea flushed.
        "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

I will say that the system itself is solid. The real issue you have is that it is not covering areas that you want it to. Doors that should have been wired during construction were not and now the cost is much greater.

Unfortunately, as you are aware most mall operators do not see security systems as anything but a cost center. Unlike their tenants who they can show ROI through decresed shrinkage, the mall owners do not.

In my opinion there are no decent wireless options (for transmission to CCure) but the industry is ever changing.

You are likely fighting an awful steep uphill battle to get funding. I wish you luck.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G. Orwell

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X