needing help with cameras and ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needing help with cameras and ...

I have eight cameras, three national bullert cameras and two honeywell dome infra red auto iris, and a capture DVR, I am having a problem with catching a theft whom is stealing my gas from my vehicle. What I have witnessed is that when this individual is around the house, the picture to the cameras are completely distorted. So is it possible that he has put a fob or a shut off switch on these cameras to prevent the camera from correctly recording? or is their another means to distort the field of view, or stop the recording of the DVR.
    2nd, question, what is the best cameras to have? I live in Canada and I have been advised the Panasonic are good cameras, on the other hand I have been told by another sale person that the Honeywell are the best on the market?
    What is the best means to stop or prevent tampering with these cameras?

Also what do you know about polarity switchs?
    I look forward to your response to these questions!
    Thanks For your help!

Maybe the best you can do, is move the thief down the street to be someone else's problem.

Put the truck in a garage, get a locking gas cap, park in better lighting and close to where more human traffic is.

Of course, I may have missed something in your post, or there are details left out.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

CAUTION: Before we offer advice, etc., let us please note that this is the first post by this member and that we know nothing about him. (Of course, we know little or nothing, really, about most established members either, do we?)...

Call me cynical, but we don't know whether we're talking to the truck owner or the thief here. What bothers me, first, is that the answer to the problem is perfectly obvious even to someone who knows nothing about cameras. Second, the question about polarity switches is particularly troublesome on several levels.

As in some other instances I've noticed where we might well be providing advice to the wrong person (we just don't know), the best thing to do in such circumstances, IMHO, is to refer this person to a local security dealer/consultant who CAN verify that he is who he says he is before helping him with his so-called "problem". Think, people! We're supposed to be SECURITY experts, and this forum is so insecure we might as well be discussing strategy and tactics in a bar...using bullhorns.
      Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-08-2007, 12:25 PM.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Sound advice! I'm a moderator on another site where members, at times, discuss specific, sensitive information about shoplifting policies - procedures. You must be a registered member to post, but anyone can read the posts and navigate the basic site. Members are often cautioned against posting "self-help" advice to shoplifters.
        Last edited by Curtis Baillie; 01-09-2007, 08:10 AM. Reason: Content
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by powell
          I have eight cameras, three national bullert cameras and two honeywell dome infra red auto iris, and a capture DVR, I am having a problem with catching a theft whom is stealing my gas from my vehicle. What I have witnessed is that when this individual is around the house, the picture to the cameras are completely distorted. So is it possible that he has put a fob or a shut off switch on these cameras to prevent the camera from correctly recording? or is their another means to distort the field of view, or stop the recording of the DVR.
          2nd, question, what is the best cameras to have? I live in Canada and I have been advised the Panasonic are good cameras, on the other hand I have been told by another sale person that the Honeywell are the best on the market?
          What is the best means to stop or prevent tampering with these cameras?

Also what do you know about polarity switchs?
          I look forward to your response to these questions!
          Thanks For your help!
          We need more info on what you are looking for.
          Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight.
          Bedtime at sunrise

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X