No announcement yet.

Incident tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To round out your search, try PPM2000. Look into your multiple applications and your architecture and see if they have what you need now and what you will need in the future.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice
      What are you talking bout?

Davis002, you have a PM!
      E991 from Rad Systems is a Visual Basic application, I've ran the demo program and actually laughed at it. No wonder it crashes so often, it looks like it was written in the 1990s.

SecTrainer, if you get a chance, take a look at it. Is it VB or Visual Basic for Applications? My bet is VB 3-5.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        E991 from Rad Systems is a Visual Basic application, I've ran the demo program and actually laughed at it. No wonder it crashes so often, it looks like it was written in the 1990s.

SecTrainer, if you get a chance, take a look at it. Is it VB or Visual Basic for Applications? My bet is VB 3-5.
        This was an old DOS program written in BASIC called 911Help, transported to Windows.

This version, which is their latest, is touted as being a "new platform". However, it installs MSVBVM50.DLL, the runtime files needed to run applications written in VB5, so I guess that answers the question pretty definitively.
        Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-30-2007, 11:19 PM.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

I didn't bother looking at the DLL, and really didn't want to install it on this PC. Thanks. There still is life for VB5 applications, I guess.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
            This was an old DOS program written in BASIC called 911Help, transported to Windows.

This version, which is their latest, is touted as being a "new platform". However, it installs MSVBVM50.DLL, the runtime files needed to run applications written in VB5, so I guess that answers the question pretty definitively.
            We use E911Help and E911Stat. My Security Manager wants me to find out more info on the update. Can anyone shed some light?
            "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              I didn't bother looking at the DLL, and really didn't want to install it on this PC. Thanks. There still is life for VB5 applications, I guess.
              Well, if you want to call this "life"...
              "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

At my inhouse job, we use PPM 2000 to monitor systems controls, boilers/chillers/pumps, and also track our residents through the trace system. We can electronically open doors and buzz people in through it, and all of the building access cards issued to staff and residents is set up in PPM 2000. It's a wonderful program and we love it. Our entire entraguard access control system is wired to PPM 2000, and this is our main computer unit. Our report writing, however, is about thirty years late on technology: we still use a type-fax writer that automatically prints via fax wiring to our office, management's office, general manager's house office, and the HOA Board President's home. It kinda makes it a little bit of a pain as all reports written are final; if you screw up a report, you have to also type-edit it in the next report entry. Also, you can easily type a non-professional report by accident. As in you are typing something about your shift, and miss typing the " f " key. I don't think I have to put in here what that spells.........

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice
                  We use E911Help and E911Stat. My Security Manager wants me to find out more info on the update. Can anyone shed some light?
                  Imagine E911Help, in a window, with cheezy graphics. Same thing, just happens to run in Windows 3.11 and up now.

You can go to RAD Software and download a demo of the "new" E911Pro system. Honestly, though, it is not worth the $500 dollars they want.

You can make the same thing with your copy of Microsoft Access, without VB Script even, and a copy of "Understanding Microsoft Access 2000."

While I personally loathe Access for database functions (its slow and the more you plug in, the slower it gets), even Access is better than some Visual Basic program from 1995.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X