Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are you guys interested in optical transmission system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you guys interested in optical transmission system?

I am now working as overseas sales manager in China dealing with optical transmission system. This products are really hot in China. I am not quite familair with international markets. Can anyone be kind and give me some clues.

Originally posted by welltrans
    I am now working as overseas sales manager in China dealing with optical transmission system. This products are really hot in China. I am not quite familair with international markets. Can anyone be kind and give me some clues.
    We call them "Fibre Optics" or "Fiber Optics" in the US. They are a mainstay of some long haul data/voice/video transmission systems. Most manufacturers and integrators know of their existance, and have for quite awhile.

See: www.blackbox.com for a US-based networking/technology company that sells just about everything related to fiber.

My IT division uses mainly ethernet, due to the cost of media changers, and most of our installs are LANs. If it needs to be long haul, the client isn't hiring us.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by welltrans
      I am now working in China....
      First, welcome to the forum.

Second, dare you to ask the security police in Tenamen (spelling??) Square for a shoulder patch. Just kidding.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
        First, welcome to the forum.

Second, dare you to ask the security police in Tenamen (spelling??) Square for a shoulder patch. Just kidding.
        Tenamen gives the right pronounciation of Tiananmen Square. I dare not ask them for that should patch, if I do, they will kick my ass and give me hard time

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          We call them "Fibre Optics" or "Fiber Optics" in the US. They are a mainstay of some long haul data/voice/video transmission systems. Most manufacturers and integrators know of their existance, and have for quite awhile.

See: www.blackbox.com for a US-based networking/technology company that sells just about everything related to fiber.

My IT division uses mainly ethernet, due to the cost of media changers, and most of our installs are LANs. If it needs to be long haul, the client isn't hiring us.

Thanks a lot for your instructive info, I am checking your mentioned website. My company pushed me to expand the international market, maybe just because I know English. Acturally I am more interested in our domestic market, it's much easier. Last month we attended the safety expo in Shenzheng, not many foreigners came and they seem not interested in fiber optical products. I don't know why. What attracted them most is Chinese camera and DVR, which they say are unbelievable cheap.

Comment

If your doing pure fiber (optical) installations, the benefits outweigh using copper, in my opinion. This is because fiber will replace copper, hands down. Its more secure: You can't tap into it, you can't use cross-talk to tap the line, and any disruption with fiber brings the network down. Its harder to throw than copper, because it can't be bent that well, but they're working on it.

And, as you said, you can run fiber for distances of up to 40 kilometers. Copper gets about 1km with booters. For long haul inter-campus runs, or up hundreds of feet of skyscraper, you can't beat copper.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Welltrans-Welcome to the forum.

Are you a manufacturer of fiber optic "cable" or components such as transceivers and such?

Are you looking for a distribution outlet?

Feel free to email/PM me. There are several outlets for you to look at as long as the quality is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Crinsol
                Welltrans-Welcome to the forum.

Are you a manufacturer of fiber optic "cable" or components such as transceivers and such?

Are you looking for a distribution outlet?

Feel free to email/PM me. There are several outlets for you to look at as long as the quality is there.

I ve just sent you a message, pls check it. THX!!

Comment

Products Catalog

Anyone who is interested in optical transmitters/receivers, please PM me, I will send you the catalog and best pricelist.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X