Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RG59 with 18/4

Originally posted by Dojoven
    Does anyone know if any companies out there are making RG59 with 18/4? I have a Pelco CM-9770 system. I need to run power to my ptz's but I also need to make a RJ-422 connection for my CDU. That is why I need the extra pair of 18's. Any suggestions?
    I have run into this as well. I ended up running the siamese (coax and 18/2) along with another 18/2. I used the siamese 18/2 for the 422 and the other 18/2 for power.

I have looked long and hard for other siamese combinations but haven't found any that work yet.

RG59 with 18/4

Does anyone know if any companies out there are making RG59 with 18/4? I have a Pelco CM-9770 system. I need to run power to my ptz's but I also need to make a RJ-422 connection for my CDU. That is why I need the extra pair of 18's. Any suggestions?

Comment

Belden Wire offers a "Banana Peel" composite. One RG59 coax, one pair 18/2 and one pair 22/2 UTP for the data. Based on what I've seen, for RS-422 connections, the 23 ga should do fine for most any distance (especially if you're going to use the 18ga for power from head end to camera). The part # from Belden is 501PTZ.

Also, I did find the same type of cable with two 18 ga pairs. Belden Part # 502PTZ

(601PTZ and 602PTZ, respectivley for Plenum)
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

I prefer individual cables over siamese myself. It's easier to pull, and as a bonus, costs less. (if you're a local competitor, I'm full of beans and don't know what I'm talking about. Keep using the expensive stuff. You get what you pay for).

Same with access. It's easier and cheaper pulling 3 small cables then one of the bigger bundles.
        sigpic
        Rocket Science
        Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
        One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dojoven View Post
          Dojoven, I hope I am not too late on this post...

Everyone had great suggestions and probably the most cost effective option is to use Siamese cable (with coax and 18/2) plus another 18/2 cable... We have this special cable that we mainly use on Sensormatic PTZ applications and they call it S-Net composite cable... It comes as a Plenum Siamese setup, except that cables used are as follows:

1. (1) RG-59, 20 Gauge Solid Copper Center, 95% Copper Braid Shield Coax Cable

2. (3) 18 Gauge Conductors Twisted & Stranded

3. (2) 22 Gauge Conductors Twisted & Stranded

Here is a url that describes this cable with a picture:

http://reliablecctv.com/cctv+pan-til...spool%2C+white

It is expensive compared to what other members recommend, but it has its uses. We have used this same cable for Pelco, Sensormatic, Panasonic and even Bosch system installations and it is a life saver from labor costs stand point... but then again, if you have short runs, then your best bet is to use what other members are recommending...

Good luck!
          http://www.cctvshowroom.com
          http://www.everythingcctv.com

Comment

End Result

Thanks for all the input. I wound up running Cat5 with the Siamese. This seemed to be the most beneficial. I would also like to thank and recommend Reliable Security out of Washington. The guys from Reliable did an outstanding job of pulling cable in a very difficult situation. Keep up the great work guys!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X