Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement camera PTZ controller

Hi all
    I'm looking for a replacement Pan/Tilt/Zoom controller for a survelance camera. The existing one is an RCA TC4501 which is old and not longer made. The zoom control is not working, switch is fine, but I can't find any documentation or schematics for it.

Can anyone advise me as to a unit that can replace this controller. I don't know how it works, the only cable between this controller and the camera is the video cable, so the signals must be super-imposed on the video cable back to the camera.

Thanks

We use a Kalatel KTD-405 and it works very well. You may need to see if it is compatible with your system. I am in no way an expert an the tech side of things.
    "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I just looked that one up and it uses separate serial cables rather than running PWM on the vertical blanking pulse and running that back up the coaxial cable.

I found one by Pelco looks like it will work. Haven't recieved a response from Pelco yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Taylor
        We use a Kalatel KTD-405 and it works very well. You may need to see if it is compatible with your system. I am in no way an expert an the tech side of things.
        We use the KTD-404, an earlier version, and it does work very well.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by rf_burns
          Hi all
          I'm looking for a replacement Pan/Tilt/Zoom controller for a survelance camera. The existing one is an RCA TC4501 which is old and not longer made. The zoom control is not working, switch is fine, but I can't find any documentation or schematics for it.

Can anyone advise me as to a unit that can replace this controller. I don't know how it works, the only cable between this controller and the camera is the video cable, so the signals must be super-imposed on the video cable back to the camera.

Thanks
          There is a RCA TC4501 for sale on E-bay. I just googled "RCA TC4501" and the e-bay link was the first one. As for the control signals going up the coax. That is called Coaxitron control. You may be able to use a pelco controller that utilizes that control. If it is not compatable with your ptz they also sell the translator card that would be installed at the camera end in the housing. I would need your camera part number to cross reference. If you send it to me I can locate a controller for you.

Hope this helps.
          Last edited by Rooney; 11-06-2006, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X