No announcement yet.

Algorythm Fingerrpint search programs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Algorythm Fingerrpint search programs?

I wanted to get some input. Similiar to AFIS, what other programs are out there (software wise) that I can catalog all my collected fingerprints from subjects and use to search out against unknown prints?

I currently have well over a thousand known prints (fingerpirnted subjects), and want the capability to take prints of an "unknown" or "dishonest" nature, and scan them into our system, the have this program run a search against our database collection of prints, and either find or list as not found? I hope I am making sense!

Dont worry about the prints, they are high quality, the scans of them as well are of excellent quality, we have the technology to scan them, and store them, as well as look and reproduce them on file or paper format. We also have the ability to pick up prints from surfaces or subjects. We need a program that can look through our collection and let us know if it is already in the system!

Ideas? Companys? Brands? Products? We need just the program!

We had used "Verifinger' but found it to be sluggish and misses alot of data.
    Last edited by Mall Director; 10-12-2006, 01:45 AM.
    Deputy Sheriff

Some RMS vendors make AFIS compatible systems. Can you create AFIS data from your scans?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Well, we are still using Access.. I dont know if it has the capapbility to search for specific prints on command, or does it?

We use Access to catalog them.
      Deputy Sheriff

Comment

How do you obtain fingerprints? I can't see anyone I ever arrested agree to provide his prints & I don't know of a law that would allow private security to force people to submit.
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

If they're just scanned JPEGs in Access, I'm not sure that's going to work. Usually RMS systems want them in AFIS format. The program needs to determine the characteristics of the print so it can do comparison, so it needs it into a format it can read.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
            How do you obtain fingerprints? I can't see anyone I ever arrested agree to provide his prints & I don't know of a law that would allow private security to force people to submit.
            Easy, "sign here".. "thank you.. ohh, OK, real quick I need your right index finger.. thank you, hold still. We are finalizing documentation, and it is needed as we need to make sure it is you that understands this."

Law: Completely legal. Ever seen a check cashing center? You write a check, what does the clerk require of you before you get any cash? "OK, sir, I need your right index finger right here on the check". Fingerprinting, just like photographing a subject for a trespass order, is whats called "Non-Evasive Identification Collection " We cant ask for blood or hair samples, but a fingerprint we can like photos.

Whats meant by Evasive? Any form of collection, at which you don not take away from the subject of their person or property. You can ask for ID, but when doen with them, you have to give it back. A picture is not taking anything from a person. You are securing an image of an object before you. Pictures do not take the skin and face off of a subject and you get to keep it...LOL. Well, prints are the same way. You are not taking the finger's print off of the finger. You are only duplicating an image of an object for yourself.

N.A.: So Access can read prints to look for similiar ones??
            Deputy Sheriff

Comment

I don't believe so, not with Access stock. Maybe if someone wrote a VBA application to compare jpegs, but then, the JPEGs won't be identical anyway.

Comment

I kinda had the same thought.. You can only resize a JPEG so many times, and it still wont be of same consistant matter that is identical to be matched to a known object in Access... So, other programs you may be aware of?? I am all ears!
                Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X