X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security dro
    replied
    Money!

Perfect advice. One had 48v and spliced as described. Phones working. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• CameraMan
    replied
    Yeah, what he said. You should also get a dial tone if you connect a buttset directly to the red/green conductors.

Leave a comment:

• security dro
    replied
    Hello

thanks for the tip. I will let you know what happens this evening..

Leave a comment:

• Silva Consultants
    replied
    Originally posted by security dro View Post
    Hi, I need help with my phones please. I removed an old ADT control box from my house (system was not functioning). Main panel called safewatch plus RF, but no phone lines into that. The lines went into the commander 2000. Two lines are the normal 4 wire phone lines with red, green, black and yellow. One extra line has nine wires of blue, yellow, red, black, brown, orange, white, purple and green. I can't trace where they go as they go into the walls. Can I splice these back together somehow to get it up again. I tried to hook the red, green, yellow and blacks together with no luck.

Any tips?? Thanks in advance!
    Your telephone service was routed through the alarm panel to provide "line seizure" when the panel was dialing out. The proper way to do this (IMO) is through the use of a RJ-31X telephone jack, but many alarm installers these days wire the telephone line directly to the panel and skip the use of the jack.

I would guess that one of the 4-conductor cables is for the phone line. Two of the wires (probably red-green) will be the incoming phone service, and two of the wires (probably yellow-black) will be connected to your house phones. If you have a voltmeter, check between the red and green of each cable to see if you get a reading (should be around 48 volts). (Some people can actually feel this amount of voltage with their hands).

Once you figure out which cable and pair of wires has the incoming phone service, try connecting the pair with the voltage to the other pair in the same cable (probably red to yellow and green to black). This should restore your phone service.

Another way to find the correct cable would be to look at box where the phone service enters the house. This box (called a protector or demarc) is probably where the other end of one of your cables goes to. Once you find the correct cable, make the splices mentioned above (either at the alarm panel or at the phone box) and your service should be restored.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Removed ADT Safewatch Plus RF/Commander 2000 and Phones Are Dead

Hi, I need help with my phones please. I removed an old ADT control box from my house (system was not functioning). Main panel called safewatch plus RF, but no phone lines into that. The lines went into the commander 2000. Two lines are the normal 4 wire phone lines with red, green, black and yellow. One extra line has nine wires of blue, yellow, red, black, brown, orange, white, purple and green. I can't trace where they go as they go into the walls. Can I splice these back together somehow to get it up again. I tried to hook the red, green, yellow and blacks together with no luck.

Any tips?? Thanks in advance!

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X