Audio transmission via IP codec for CCTV system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio transmission via IP codec for CCTV system

If you were to transmit audio signal via IP codec, do you need to amplified the signal before connecting to the codec? Said the application is for public anouncement.

The codec does have a mic in and speaker out connections.

Thanks.

I think you're confusing your terms, or they're not translating properly for you.

A codec is a software protocol for encoding analog data (audio) into a digital format. It is "short" for COder/DEcoder. It is not a device.

A computer may or may not need an amplifier hooked between the sound card's input. Usually, in the MIC IN hack, it does not require an amplifier. In the LINE IN jack, it may. The sound card uses a specific codec to encode the data into a machine readable format.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      I think you're confusing your terms, or they're not translating properly for you.

A codec is a software protocol for encoding analog data (audio) into a digital format. It is "short" for COder/DEcoder. It is not a device.

A computer may or may not need an amplifier hooked between the sound card's input. Usually, in the MIC IN hack, it does not require an amplifier. In the LINE IN jack, it may. The sound card uses a specific codec to encode the data into a machine readable format.
      All I hear is blah blah blah blah......Man I wish I knew more about computers lol

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X