Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever used the NSC Injury Facts Report?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever used the NSC Injury Facts Report?

I'm doing research for my supervisor about workplace injuries/illnesses, etc. I came across the National Safety Council's website and found a few good things there, like the Injury Facts book.

Has anyone ever used it? What kinds of things do they discuss? Is it worth buying? Is there anywhere I could find an older version, to see what I'd be getting?

I'd just like to know more about the content before I put in a request to spend $100 on something that may not end up being useful.

http://www.nsc.org/learn/safety-know...ury-facts.aspx

Thanks!

Never used it. You could probably go on Ebay or Amazon and get a used copy for a good price.

You don't say what state you are in, but you should check and see if your state has a website for this. In my state the Deaprtment of Labor and Industries handles safety regulations and workman's compensation, so we used their forms & protocols because we were required to by state law.

I definitely recommend coming up with a "Safety Manual" for the site, with instructions for the types of injuries possible w/ the proper resonse procedures and report forms for easy access. The problem with generic manuals is they tend to cover all kinds of stuff that may not be likely to occur on your site.

I'd start on the state level first - you might get some free information that you can print off and use.

Comment

don't the Guberment gots some stats on injuries, accidents, and well as all manner of "Safety Manual" for every conceivable sort of site?

All prepared without much regard to production costs, and already field and battle proven, and all in Public Domain?

Is there a master list of such free to the public stuff?

Why give $100 hard earned dollars to a political hack to pad her own pocket? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Hersman

Seriously, shouldn't the CEO of "NSC" be someone with a PhD in Actuarial Science or something? (Actuaries are the math people who figure out insurance risks, etc)

Maybe a Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or Medical background? Even a PhD in "Transportation Tech".

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X