• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XANBOO going in AT&T Stores in Dec.

See below... this was a repeat.
    Last edited by psycom; 08-27-2008, 02:31 AM. Reason: repeat performance

XANBOO going in AT&T Stores by Dec.

UPDATE: 9/21/08

I was never able to get a straight answer from Robin the recruiter for XANBOO on this AT&T retailing issue. I did however receive an email about my concerns which is posted at the end of this update. You'll notice he too danced around the subject and gave me advice on how to sell the product. In no way did anybody address the issue of "exclusive territories" that was pushed as a selling point along with the availability at licensed security dealers.

The "branded websites" are set up in a way that they are not going to show up in any google searches so they are pretty much useless but nicely done. See what $1750.00 will get you at <http://www.ubwebtv.xanboo4.com> which is my site. These are just sub-pages of their master site. That is how I became "xanboo4". Xanboo3 was the first dealer to get suckered in on this. I was the second.

The advertising suppourt was one jpg flier. The training a pdf on how to sell products. The only call I received was last week when they realized they hadn't collected for that "branded site" which as far as I can tell is all you are getting for $1.750.00. Here's the email I received concerning this issue: and I quote... "Rich, You are wrong on this one ole buddy. These systems will NOT MOVE off shore shelves. Motorola already tried this with Radio Shack. Home Depot, COSTCO, and a host of others have failed with this SAME model. This product has to be sold and phone companies do not sell – they take orders. If AT&T advertises and tries to move this product through any method, they will struggle because it is not their core service. The reason they are successful is that everyone knows the benefits of having phone service, broadband, television, etc.

YOU WILL BENEFIT from their efforts if they do move this way because it will generate awareness and YOU will get better traction.

There are numerous cases that further point to YOU BENEFITTING from any efforts that AT&T makes to market this product. ADT is a perfect example. ADT corporate installs less than 20K systems per month with 250 locations and 3,000 sales reps (including resale reps). The 300 ADT Authorized Dealers install 35,000 per month dwarfing ADT corporate because the ADT sales reps are ORDER TAKERS.

The takeaway from this is that your ads need to have the call to action be PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL ME.

Get over it and go get someone to call you and then close them on the phone!!!

Scott Gurley

512-432-5952 Office
    512-608-3662 Cell
    512-628-6925 Fax

### end ###

ORIGINAL POST RESUMES HERE

I just spoke to my regional AT&T rep and found out that AT&T is going to be offering the same XANBOO line and monitoring via all it's AT&T retail outlets in December. It's already up and running in San Antonio. Same service, equipment etc.. It's not the pitch you heard August 11th and I'm not too happy for one... I own an outlet.

The new offering by XANBOO for security dealers is now a bit hazy. I JUST caught wind of this. Even the marketing director Robin Mcvey wasn't aware of it until I told him earlier today. So I'm to believe XANBOO didn't know AT&T's plans? Hmm... seems unlikely but that's what the feedback has been so far.

You might want to hold onto the that 2 grand, well 3 grand when you add in the required insurance (small print) as it might be a worthless internet store by Thanksgiving? With every AT&T outlet being your competition, other systems available that offer two way audio when this one doesn't have audio at all, it's looking like a good idea might be going bust. Hard to believe a cellular carrier didn't add audio but to my surprise... video only! The plus side is you don't need a solar flare to see a picture. Most XANBOO cameras are CCD with 0.1 lux rating. Compare that to the WiLife cmos "2 luk" (a quote from their website), Maybe LogiTech means with some luck you too might get a picture?? But at least you can "listen in" and yell back for that matter! An imitation Sonitrol system for when it gets dark... after 2PM. (:

On the positive side Robin, and his engineer Scott, are straight shooters and a pleasure to work with. To be honest, I think this event has taken them by surprise as well. So I wouldn't say they weren't misrepresenting the facts and they are looking into this matter as you read this. But the game has changed significantly... so much for hopes of getting an exclusive territory! I'd like to see them stop AT&T from selling in any market because I sold 50 in a month earning a 90 mile territory. AT&T has a rule... stores have to be 5 miles and one inch apart from each other so how many are in a 5 mile radius? Good luck getting any exclusive territory if this comes to pass.

It's not etched in stone or is it? That stone is skipping across the surface and is going to land somewhere. XANBOO will stay in business as they will be supplying all the equipment to AT&T. I can't see AT&T backing down either. Look at all the outlets they have staffed and ready. Just in time for Christmas.

It's the new guys like me that that "thought" we were getting an exclusive deal that are going to sink like a rock once that stone quits skipping. The advertising support I was waiting for. well, now I'm picturing AT&T's ads in my head... and I don't see the internet outlets as part of the Christmas push for retail sales. And my "image" of a high end security service and devices are being over shadowed by a 17 year old working in the mall at the AT&T store on Saturday selling what I have to be licensed to sell in my state. He, or she, just has to get to the mall on time after being out late Friday night.

If you did what I did and bought into what sounded like a great idea... it was a great idea at the time. Last week anyway. Now it doesn't sound so profitable.

The good news is I won't have to wait for mail order replacement parts. Heck, Radio Shack will most likely have a version of them! Wait, maybe not... without AT&T's service these parts are nothing but paper weights. Proprietary systems. Another fine print area. In a pinch I'll have an outlet for spare parts every five miles if I need one in a hurry. Look at all the gas I'll save!

I just spoke to my regional AT&T rep and found out that AT&T is going to be offering the same XANBOO line and monitoring via all it's AT&T retail outlets in December. It's already up and running in San Antonio. Same service, equipment etc.. It's not the pitch you heard August 11th and I'm not too happy for one... I own an outlet.

The new offering by XANBOO for security dealers is now a bit hazy. I JUST caught wind of this. Even the marketing director Robin Mcvey wasn't aware of it until I told him earlier today. So I'm to believe XANBOO didn't know AT&T's plans? Hmm... seems unlikely but that's what the feedback has been so far.

You might want to hold onto the that 2 grand, well 3 grand when you add in the required insurance (small print) as it might be a worthless internet store by Thanksgiving? With every AT&T outlet being your competition, other systems available that offer two way audio when this one doesn't have audio at all, it's looking like a good idea might be going bust. Hard to believe a cellular carrier didn't add audio but to my surprise... video only! The plus side is you don't need a solar flare to see a picture. Most XANBOO cameras are CCD with 0.1 lux rating. Compare that to the WiLife cmos "2 luk" (a quote from their website), Maybe LogiTech means with some luck you too might get a picture?? But at least you can "listen in" and yell back for that matter! An imitation Sonitrol system for when it gets dark... after 2PM. (:

On the positive side Robin, and his engineer Scott, are straight shooters and a pleasure to work with. To be honest, I think this event has taken them by surprise as well. So I wouldn't say they weren't misrepresenting the facts and they are looking into this matter as you read this. But the game has changed significantly... so much for hopes of getting an exclusive territory! I'd like to see them stop AT&T from selling in any market because I sold 50 in a month earning a 90 mile territory. AT&T has a rule... stores have to be 5 miles and one inch apart from each other so how many are in a 5 mile radius? Good luck getting any exclusive territory if this comes to pass.

It's not etched in stone or is it? That stone is skipping across the surface and is going to land somewhere. XANBOO will stay in business as they will be supplying all the equipment to AT&T. I can't see AT&T backing down either. Look at all the outlets they have staffed and ready. Just in time for Christmas.

It's the new guys like me that that "thought" we were getting an exclusive deal that are going to sink like a rock once that stone quits skipping. The advertising support I was waiting for. well, now I'm picturing AT&T's ads in my head... and I don't see the internet outlets as part of the Christmas push for retail sales. And my "image" of a high end security service and devices are being over shadowed by a 17 year old working in the mall at the AT&T store on Saturday selling what I have to be licensed to sell in my state. He, or she, just has to get to the mall on time after being out late Friday night.

If you did what I did and bought into what sounded like a great idea... it was a great idea at the time. Last week anyway. Now it doesn't sound so profitable.

The good news is I won't have to wait for mail order replacement parts. Heck, Radio Shack will most likely have a version of them! Wait, maybe not... without AT&T's service these parts are nothing but paper weights. Proprietary systems. Another fine print area. In a pinch I'll have an outlet for spare parts every five miles if I need one in a hurry. Look at all the gas I'll save!
    Last edited by psycom; 09-21-2008, 05:15 AM. Reason: update adding reponses I recieved

Comment

Bump
      http://www.cepro.com/article/att_acq...utomation_biz/

Comment

Mmmm, interesting takeover. I guess it was only a matter of time.
        IP Alarms

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X