Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Recommendations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for Recommendations

    Hello to you techno-guys:

    There's an individual in my area who is interested in starting a security patrol service that would specialize in real estate and construction properties. By "real estate", I understand that he means two things:

    1. Vacant properties for sale that need to be patrolled while they're on the market. Risks would be vandalism, "squatters", fire, water pipe bursts, copper thieves, etc.

    2. "Open house" and evening-hour real estate agents showing properties and who are at risk when they work alone. We have had some very sad incidents in this regard, including rapes, robberies and murders.

    Construction properties are fairly self explanatory. Primary risks are vandalism and thefts of materials, tools and installed appliances.

    What all these venues have in common is:

    1. Fairly brief patrol commitments while a specific property is on the market and/or under construction. 30-90-120 days, typically...150 possibly.

    2. Uncertainty about power being present on-site. Unfortunately, some property owners are dumb enough to discontinue electrical service when they vacate their homes, and of course construction sites often won't have accessible power until a certain point in the project.

    3. Ditto #2 regarding telephone service.

    So...what he's looking for is video (and possibly other sensors) that is:

    1. Quick-install/de-install. "Portable" isn't really the word I want, but it conveys the flavor.

    2. Battery (or solar?) powered.

    3. Cell-capable.

    4. Relatively low bandwidth. What I understand him to mean by this is that we're not talking continuous video, but "alarm-and-email a picture" when movement is detected, or something like that.

    His vision, although I don't know if it could be done, is that the patrol unit in a particular district would directly receive a notification from a camera or sensor via Nextel or other cellular data type or SMS service, etc.

    I mention "other sensors". Here, he is thinking about a real estate agent having a "panic button" or something of that sort that would perhaps activate a unit in their car (presumably parked outside the property being shown), which would in turn transmit an alarm with (ideally) GPS location information.

    If anyone works with products having these characteristics or if this rings any bells regarding something you've seen advertised in a product catalog, etc., I'd be very grateful for any input on this you might be able to offer.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

    "I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

    "There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

    "History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

  • #2
    SecTrainer,

    There are several systems on the market that can meet the requirements you stated. I would need more information to give you an "all in one" solution. We manufacture portable systems that are modular in design to be able to "adapt" to many different scenarios. As far as the "key fob" panic device that can easily be done. As well as other wireless sensors being placed around the property. When a sensor goes off a camera will automatically go to the preset position and start recording. With the DVR recording either 24/7 or alarm/motion based a "snapshot" can be e-mailed via wireless modem or if in a wi-fi hotspot, wireless ethernet. If you decided to have the keyfob panic button you could also have a cellular alarm system that would call a monitoring center for dispatch of LE if desired. Depending on the monitoring center and system configuration they can also "call-up" the video for review and dispatch or notify someone per stated procedure.

    You can look at our systems at www.remotesystems.us
    PM me with requirements and we can go from there. You can also contact me from the information on our site.

    Michael Thompson

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Rooney View Post
      SecTrainer,

      There are several systems on the market that can meet the requirements you stated. I would need more information to give you an "all in one" solution. We manufacture portable systems that are modular in design to be able to "adapt" to many different scenarios. As far as the "key fob" panic device that can easily be done. As well as other wireless sensors being placed around the property. When a sensor goes off a camera will automatically go to the preset position and start recording. With the DVR recording either 24/7 or alarm/motion based a "snapshot" can be e-mailed via wireless modem or if in a wi-fi hotspot, wireless ethernet. If you decided to have the keyfob panic button you could also have a cellular alarm system that would call a monitoring center for dispatch of LE if desired. Depending on the monitoring center and system configuration they can also "call-up" the video for review and dispatch or notify someone per stated procedure.

      You can look at our systems at www.remotesystems.us
      PM me with requirements and we can go from there. You can also contact me from the information on our site.

      Michael Thompson
      Thanks a million, Michael. I will have him take a look at your site. Not sure that things have yet progressed to the point of being able to provide much more in the way of specs. It seems likely to me that the service will be shaped as much by the capabilities of what's available (and what becomes available) as the other way around.

      I also probably should have mentioned that mobile mesh networks are of great interest to my contact.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

      "I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

      "There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

      "History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

      Comment


      • #4
        some technology

        Not sure if this would fit the bill, but check out these units (designed primarily for under-construction properties, I think):

        http://www.dewalt.com/us/security/sitelock/

        also, they have a mobile lock GPS type unit, and I think they have some video capabilities now. It's all designed for temporary installations.

        Geoff
        SecurityInfoWatch.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SIW Editor View Post
          Not sure if this would fit the bill, but check out these units (designed primarily for under-construction properties, I think):

          http://www.dewalt.com/us/security/sitelock/

          also, they have a mobile lock GPS type unit, and I think they have some video capabilities now. It's all designed for temporary installations.

          Geoff
          SecurityInfoWatch.com
          Thanks, Geoff! I'll check them out...and I'm not sure they wouldn't fit in with what Mike is doing as well. It's really great to have sources like you guys on the forum.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

          "I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

          "There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

          "History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

          Comment


          • #6
            SecTrainer,

            We currently have a unit that can be monitored over the internet using a celluar air card as well as record real time video locally, and it is currently being used for exactly what your friend is wanting to do.

            http://www.bcisolutions.net/mxdvr/

            Let me know if you have any questions.

            Aaron Reyna

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by AR1 View Post
              SecTrainer,

              We currently have a unit that can be monitored over the internet using a celluar air card as well as record real time video locally, and it is currently being used for exactly what your friend is wanting to do.

              http://www.bcisolutions.net/mxdvr/

              Let me know if you have any questions.

              Aaron Reyna
              Thanks, Aaron - I'll sure pass it along.
              "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

              "I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

              "There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

              "History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

              Comment


              • #8
                we have a solution that would work great for you it integrates
                fiber optic security and video. All can be monitored through the internet and even cell phones. check out our site and contact William Batchelor for more information.

                http://www.fiber-fence.com

                its the future of security!
                Last edited by Secure Permagrin; 08-01-2007, 04:34 PM. Reason: typo
                Security is more than a job, its preservation for our future.

                Fiber Fence - Perimeter Protection Security Solutions

                Fiber Optic Products

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Secure Permagrin View Post
                  we have a solution that would work great for you it integrates
                  We are not ingrates! We appreciate your input!
                  sigpic
                  Rocket Science
                  Making everything else look simple, since 1958.


                  http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
                  One Man's Opinion

                  The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by integrator97 View Post
                    We are not ingrates! We appreciate your input!
                    Integrator, I think our young friend suffered from a sudden case of brain flatulence and did not check his spelling. At least I hope that was the case.
                    Enjoy the day,
                    Bill

                    Comment

                    Leaderboard

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X