This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Cameras can see in the dark

Human beings have several great attributes, but seeing in the dark is not one of them. But CCTV Cameras can! Many CCTV Cameras now have the ability to project infrared light using an array of LED illuminators. When this capability is combined with CCD sensors capable of recording the infrared light, you achieve what is referred to as night vision.
    CCTV security cameras with night vision capabilities allow you to see in total darkness. Many night vision cameras are capable of producing detailed video regardless of lighting conditions. When required, night vision security cameras automatically switch to infrared mode without the need of human intervention.
    Night vision is a necessary feature for any outdoor CCTV application. When choosing your camera, making sure that it features built in infrared illuminators and a CCD sensor.
    CCTV Cameras, IR Lamp, Surveillance Equipment, Control Equipment, Patrol Guard, and other security products.

You guys have fun with this.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

CCTV in The Dark

With IR cameras they can see in the dark to a degree, if you are installing them say in a warehouse that has total darkness, they will not function as well as in the rear of your garden
      the IR camera needs a very small amount of light , moon and stars is enough
      Last edited by SIW Editor; 02-23-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ccscameras View Post
        With IR cameras they can see in the dark to a degree, if you are installing them say in a warehouse that has total darkness, they will not function as well as in the rear of your garden
        the IR camera needs a very small amount of light , moon and stars is enough
        Please do not necro threads to post links to your website. I will delete every post you make if you continue.
        Last edited by SIW Editor; 02-23-2011, 04:52 PM. Reason: Nate, I fixed that link by removing it
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
          Please do not necro threads to post links to your website. I will delete every post you make if you continue.

No speakie engrish
          I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by shuiinfo View Post
            Human beings have several great attributes, but seeing in the dark is not one of them. But CCTV Cameras can! Many CCTV Cameras now have the ability to project infrared light using an array of LED illuminators. When this capability is combined with CCD sensors capable of recording the infrared light, you achieve what is referred to as night vision.
            CCTV security cameras with night vision capabilities allow you to see in total darkness. Many night vision cameras are capable of producing detailed video regardless of lighting conditions. When required, night vision security cameras automatically switch to infrared mode without the need of human intervention.
            Night vision is a necessary feature for any outdoor CCTV application. When choosing your camera, making sure that it features built in infrared illuminators and a CCD sensor.
            What exactly is the point of this thread?
            I will always fondly remember the days of mall security, the expressions on the thankful patrons you saved from certain molestation in the mall bathrooms. The look of pain in the drooling face of the shoplifter you just choke-holded to unconsciousness

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the above quote are the views of Gecko45 and do not reflect
            the views and opinions of ONLP.

Comment

ONLP -
              We sometimes see members who clearly must be tied to vendor products and rather than participating in the discussion, they make wide generalizations like this one that all cameras should have IR illuminators and CCD sensors (I'd venture a guess that shuiinfo is selling exactly those types of cameras).

Now, to shuiinfo and ccscameras -
              These forums are for discussions, not simply espousing especially basic attributes about cameras. These forums also aren't for link spamming. Try it again and the ban hammer comes down. Nate and I are happy to swing that hammer.

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by shuiinfo View Post
                Hi,

Can you please suggest me some names of such cameras. I need some of them for my company.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Good and informative post. As I also want to install camera in-front on my store for surveillance mostly at night. Its almost dark there and seems like some suspicious activities going around from little while.
                  Ronny
                  Mr Locks - NYC Locksmith

Comment

Originally posted by mrlocks View Post
                    Good and informative post. As I also want to install camera in-front on my store for surveillance mostly at night. Its almost dark there and seems like some suspicious activities going around from little while.
                    Just put more locks. Contact Mr. Lock @....
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlocks View Post
                      Just how many "Mr. Locks" are there? The signature keeps changing - Sometimes it's "Sandy" and other times it's "Ronnie". Also, there is a "Sandy" posting as "ChicagoLocksmith". Looks like we're being tag teamed.
                      Last edited by Curtis Baillie; 03-15-2011, 07:53 AM.
                      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I swear, it's like amateur night at Social Media University. Whoever sold you guys the Home SEO Course totally owes you your five easy payments of $19.95 plus shipping and handling back.
                        The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
                          Just how many "Mr. Locks" are there? The signature keeps changing - Sometimes it's "Sandy" and other times it's "Ronnie". Also, there is a "Sandy" posting as "ChicagoLocksmith". Looks like we're being tag teamed.
                          Thanks Curtis. I thought I was the only one noticing this. I keep reporting their posts but no one does anything about them
                          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
                            I swear, it's like amateur night at Social Media University. Whoever sold you guys the Home SEO Course totally owes you your five easy payments of $19.95 plus shipping and handling back.

Teee Heee Heee!
                            But wait! You also get this set of ninja knives just for... what? We don't have any mo...What? fruit juicer? How do you expect...What? Spray on hair?
                            I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

Comment

But that's what the IR light is for!

IR cameras can see in total darkness. Low light/night vision cameras without any light source cannot see. Simply get extra IR spotlights and make sure it's not pointing against the camera.

But the most problem is not seeing anything, the problem is identifiying people.
                              --
                              http://www.c-mor.com

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...