Help! I need to ID this DVR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I need to ID this DVR!

One of our facilities has a standalone DVR that I need to find the remote software for this DVR so that I can get some video off of it. Here is what I know:
    • When it loads, it states that the system is a DVMR4A2 Version 5.13.
    • It is a 4 camera system with network support.

I have attached an image of the device, hoping that someone will recognize it. I have already tried several the Tempest Interceptor software and the Nuvico software with no luck.
    Attached Files
    -Jedi-
    Semper Paratus

Here's some clues from one that was for sale but is already sold:

"This is a barely used Gen IV 4-channel stand-alone DVR/DVMR. DVR was tested and is in perfect operating condition. This is a hardware based DVR that records to a standard IDE hard drive. It currently has an 80gb hard drive installed; and a second hard drive can be installed since it has 2 IDE channels. All you need to do to add more space is pop in a new hard drive; and use the menu options to activate it! It does NOT require you to install any software which is what makes this DVR very nice, its completely hardware driven.

This DVR is ethernet capable; you can connect it to a network and use the included software CD to remotely view and monitor the unit. It's very easy to configure the TCP/IP settings and it also supports DHCP. It includes a player in which you can download video from the unit for playback later on a computer.

Depending on the quality you record at; it's possible to get 1-2 weeks worth of saved video on 80gb. Add a second hard drive or a bigger hard drive and you can have even more video stored!

Model: DVMR4A2 Version 5.13

It comes as pictured with the following items:

Gen IV Standalone DVR
    Power Supply
    Remote Control
    Instruction Manual
    Software CD"

and a link to a manual:
    http://www.spyshop2000.com/H264_file...ce%20Quide.pdf

still no software..........

Comment

I hate when there is no manufacturer name or brand on the label. Sorry to say, that looks like a cheapo. Or a raw import.

Email spyshop in Tsalla's post, or maybe CameraMan will recognize it. Good luck.
      sigpic
      Rocket Science
      Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
      One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Beats my pair of jacks. What I would do is pull the hard drive, buy a hard drive enclosure, download VLC 1.0 and the K-Lite codec pack, and see if you can read the files. If you can't, you'll at least be able to find out what extensions the files uses, and you can Google them, which may lead you to viewer software. Use Handbrake to convert the files to .avi or .wmv.

And for the love of everything that is holy, back up the ENTIRE drive inclusive before messing around with it.

Normally, I'd add a note about voiding your warranty, but... ah hah hah, you don't got no waranty.

Metz, you want to jump in here?
        The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

I think I have seen this DVR before.. if I remember correctly, the manufacturer was from Korea... support and functionality were substandard.. It was sold under few different brand names using the same product code... They offered proprietary remote client software for connecting to these boxes. We had a specific reason to buy and resale them due to very low price and were sold to low end of the markets...

The only reason this looks familiar is because quite of few were failed in and out of warranty and we couldn't change the motherboard, as it was sitting with special I/O plate and even the motherboard was made specifically for the case. Another problem was that if we did modify the motherboard to fit into this same case, then the capture cards did not work, as it required new license key due to new MAC from the new motherboard.

I did find local supplier/importer of this hardware in U.S., but they refused to honor anything on this boxes nor wanted to work with any older units.. All they cared was to sell new hardware. Later we found out that the supplier actually left U.S. and was not reachable...

Very typical move by offshore companies...

Why do you need remote client software to extract video? Why not do it at the system level? My suggestion is that once you extract what you need from this box, get rid of it... not much else you can do once it goes bust... and replace it with something more commonly used and available.

Hope this is helpful...
          http://www.cctvshowroom.com
          http://www.everythingcctv.com

Comment

Thank you all for your assistance. I was finally able to find the vendor who sold it to the facility and they had the software. This is just one of the many pieces of hardware that are being replaced in my CCTV update project... unfortunately, it was still in use when an incident occurred.
            -Jedi-
            Semper Paratus

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
              Beats my pair of jacks. What I would do is pull the hard drive, buy a hard drive enclosure, download VLC 1.0 and the K-Lite codec pack, and see if you can read the files. If you can't, you'll at least be able to find out what extensions the files uses, and you can Google them, which may lead you to viewer software. Use Handbrake to convert the files to .avi or .wmv.

And for the love of everything that is holy, back up the ENTIRE drive inclusive before messing around with it.

Normally, I'd add a note about voiding your warranty, but... ah hah hah, you don't got no waranty.

Metz, you want to jump in here?
              Now, now we're talking about something I know about! Of course, I'm late. I'd go one better and image the entire damn drive, then work off THAT. Watch, its got some stupid booby-trap.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Seems I am late, too.Fortunately you found a solution.Good luck.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X