X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooney
    replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    From his last question, Rooney, I'm not altogether sure the real interest here isn't in marketing the system that he is "asking" about. If that's the case, I'd get some participation guarantees before giving away free advice!
    I got that as well. And yes there is a market for systems like that. If there wasn't I would be working for someone else instead of myself. Just another example that you need to stay a couple years ahead of the "current" technology.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooney View Post
    There are many ways to achieve what you are asking. If you have wifi available in the remote area you could just go with a single camera dvr (preferably a mobile dvr to decrease power consumption and eliminate the need for a power inverter which would also decrease power efficiency), and the camera. There are some mobile dvr's that have the wifi built in. You can than access the dvr and view the recordings or live video from the wifi connection.

You had mentioned that you would be using a solar power system. Depending on the area you are going to implement this system, you may want to look into other options as well. You would want to size your solar system and power storage according to the location as well as any environmental conditions that would be present: i.e. Extreme cold or heat, long lasting no sun events shuch as monsoons, extreme northern or southern winters, etc.

I may be able to help you if you PM me I will look at your requirments and give you some recommendations.
    From his last question, Rooney, I'm not altogether sure the real interest here isn't in marketing the system that he is "asking" about. If that's the case, I'd get some participation guarantees before giving away free advice!
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 09-17-2008, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rooney
    replied
    There are many ways to achieve what you are asking. If you have wifi available in the remote area you could just go with a single camera dvr (preferably a mobile dvr to decrease power consumption and eliminate the need for a power inverter which would also decrease power efficiency), and the camera. There are some mobile dvr's that have the wifi built in. You can than access the dvr and view the recordings or live video from the wifi connection.

You had mentioned that you would be using a solar power system. Depending on the area you are going to implement this system, you may want to look into other options as well. You would want to size your solar system and power storage according to the location as well as any environmental conditions that would be present: i.e. Extreme cold or heat, long lasting no sun events shuch as monsoons, extreme northern or southern winters, etc.

I may be able to help you if you PM me I will look at your requirments and give you some recommendations.

Leave a comment:

• skenn_ie
    started a topic Camera system for remote location

Camera system for remote location

Hi, Can anyone recomment a system: Digital camera, be it USB, or IP, (PC)processor and storage which would facilitate after-dark motion detection and recording in such a way as to provide download via WiFi, or Bluetooth. I expect such a system to be powered by Solar panel, a small accumulator, compact, low energy PC, (maybe a Pico ITX from VIA) and a high-res' camera. Does such a system exist ... would there be a market for such a system ?
    Thanks
    S.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X