X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by coffeegirl View Post
    Most courts in your place have tv VCR combos? Would you inform your place?
    I'm thinking that now some DVRs have IE based remote control and remote palyback. why not get evidence from interenet when in the court? For security concern or because of VCR 's widely use?
    Most court systems here in the US use the combo system as VCRs are still heavily used.

Leave a comment:

• coffeegirl
    replied
    Originally posted by LPCap View Post
    It is a good idea to hook vcrs to your call up monitors. That way you have easy playback in court (most courts have tv VCR combos) and for the police.
    Most courts in your place have tv VCR combos? Would you inform your place?

I'm thinking that now some DVRs have IE based remote control and remote palyback. why not get evidence from interenet when in the court? For security concern or because of VCR 's widely use?

Leave a comment:

• LPCap
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtUSMC8541 View Post
    True, but if the attorneys ask, they can get a LCD Projector and then you can play a burned DVD on a laptop.
    I hear ya. I know the technology is getting better but I have also encountered smoother playback as far as ptzs are concerned on a VHS tape vs DVR disk.

Soon, vhs tapes will be no longer and everything will be digital.

Leave a comment:

• SgtUSMC8541
    replied
    Originally posted by LPCap View Post
    It is a good idea to hook vcrs to your call up monitors. That way you have easy playback in court (most courts have tv VCR combos) and for the police.
    True, but if the attorneys ask, they can get a LCD Projector and then you can play a burned DVD on a laptop.

Leave a comment:

• LPCap
    replied

Leave a comment:

• coffeegirl
    replied
    Thanks so much, darkenna and cameraman.

Your recommended suppliers are American company. My client would cry now cos I will let him to contact the company by himself

He is from Kuwait.......

Leave a comment:

• darkenna
    replied
    Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
    Pelco still makes VCRs. So does ARM Electronics.

American Dynamics also has a few models still available.

Leave a comment:

• CameraMan
    replied
    Pelco still makes VCRs. So does ARM Electronics.

VCRs are good for customers who don't want to change.

Leave a comment:

• coffeegirl
    replied
    Originally posted by darkenna View Post
    Yes, VCRs are indeed still in wide use in CCTV over here, although many companies are (finally!) beginning to use DVRs. Many of my Company's stores still use VCRs of the old 96-hr time-lapse standard, set low (although we, too, are slowly upgrading the old systems).
    Yeah, I thought that now the market all use DVR....... And in China, almost all factories produce DVR, but not VCR. Our factory has a history of 10 years, never deal with VCR. My client insisted for VCR and it makes me feel difficult to search the product for him. ----- rare factory produce it now

Leave a comment:

• Aust-SecMan
    replied
    I dont understand why someone would still want VCR for a NEW system

Leave a comment:

• darkenna
    replied
    Yes, VCRs are indeed still in wide use in CCTV over here, although many companies are (finally!) beginning to use DVRs. Many of my Company's stores still use VCRs of the old 96-hr time-lapse standard, set low (although we, too, are slowly upgrading the old systems).

Leave a comment:

• coffeegirl
    started a topic is VCR once widely used in CCTV?

is VCR once widely used in CCTV?

Hi everyone!

I come from China and export our cctv series.

Now almost all people use Digital Video Recorder to read the pictures. I have a client insisting ask for VCR ----the older version. Maybe several decades ago or several years ago , VCR is widely used in CCTV in your country ?

Looking forward to any guidance

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X