Solar Power Remote CCTV system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Power Remote CCTV system

I won't go into too much specifics but have come across an advertisement for a solar powered CCTV remote control camera on a mast. Basically it was powered by a lead acid battery recharged through a trickle charger solar panel. Allegedly a 5km (about 3 miles) line of site range so being realistic and halving it and I know that these are being trialled for live-stock feed and water checking along with cabled systems.

Has anyone seen of these in use and if so what were your thoughts or issues ? I am happy to provide the company details from the advertisement and remember this is in Australia too.

Many Thanks,

Oz.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Can you post a link?
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

It's from a security magazine called SECURITY SOLUTIONS in Australia.

The Company is Rhino Technology - www.rhino.com.au and I could see the specifics in their products listing. It works of a Next G Network like a mobile phone broadcast and sends MPG-4 images back. I am happy to retype the specs or scan the article for you. Like I said - it is new technology to me which I was thinking of looking at for our DC interstate.
      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

I've been building systems similar to that for over 8 years. Our systems are made to be deployed and viewed/controled from anywhere on earth. The technology has come a long way since our first system 8 years ago. You can see the systems at www.remotesystems.us If you have any questions about the technology let me know I would be happy to answer any questions you may have (unclassified information of course).

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X