Power cable management for rack DVR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power cable management for rack DVR's

I'm currently installing 40 DVR's. I have a rack system and I'm using 24port power strips. The problem I have is trying to manage the manufacturer provided cables. They are all 6' long. I was thinking of cutting the cables to the lengths I need and redoing the ends. Anyone have a better idea? Also is there a problem with running the power cables next to the coax cables? I have heard yea and nae on this issue and was wanting more input.

Originally posted by Dojoven
    I'm currently installing 40 DVR's. I have a rack system and I'm using 24port power strips. The problem I have is trying to manage the manufacturer provided cables. They are all 6' long. I was thinking of cutting the cables to the lengths I need and redoing the ends. Anyone have a better idea? Also is there a problem with running the power cables next to the coax cables? I have heard yea and nae on this issue and was wanting more input.
    Dojoven, I suggest you contact Herb Goldstein at [email protected] for the best solution. Ensure you tell him exactly what kind of coax you will be using and how you intend to bond and ground them.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Dojoven,

Most Rack manufacturers make adaptive wire management solutions for just your problem. I would contact the manufacturer of your racks and seek their help on this. I think you will be very happy with the solutions they offer.

Good luck.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X