No announcement yet.

CCTV for the home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These cameras will work great with lights or with an area that is receiving a lot of ambient light. They also work great in complete darkness.
    www.nhmonitoring.com

Comment

I dont even know who I would hire to install these

Also, whats the difference between a DVR and NVR?

Do Security Camera King's cameras use proprietary software? I ask because if something would happen and I needed to turn a copy of CCTV footage over to police I would want them to view it with no problem

I also want to be able to view the cameras wirelessly.
      Last edited by FireEMSPolice; 01-22-2014, 05:03 AM.
      "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

They have an amazing tech support team that can help you. I think their site explains quite a bit. A dvr is used for regular analog cameras and an NVR is used for IP megapixel cameras. There is a player/converter that is on their website under "downloads" that converts the video from the DVR, which is in AVI format, to a DAV format.
        www.nhmonitoring.com

Comment

Well, it looks like Security Camera King folks only offer installs in South Florida and I dont know anyone who will install someone else's equipment.

Comment

Revisiting this thread, what about wireless cameras for indoor/outdoor use? Anyone know a good system?

Comment

You still haven't bought a camera system yet? If you have a Harbor Freight store near you go in and buy the system they have - comes with a DVR and 4 inside/outside cameras that are color, with night vision and audio. I think the whole system is under $300. You install the system yourself and it's very easy to do. It's a great little system for home monitoring - I like mine and would recommend it to anyone looking for an easy system.

Comment

There is some opinions:
                CCTV Camera
                HD-SDI Camera
                IP/Network Cameas
                Different kinds of cameras has the advantage and disadvantage, you can view the related product on ebay or amazon.
                After familar with the functions of different cctv camera, you can make the right choice.

Comment

ZOSI 960H is by far the most affordable camera for home externals. It also has a large field of view, 72°, and a night vision range of nearly twice what you’ll get with almost any other camera.

Comment

I'd want something that uploads to the cloud 24/7, now that everyone and his uncle has All You Can Eat broadband.

Also, something with cams that point UP from ground or low level, particularly at the standard entry points. If I see one more CCTV of some thugs breaking in that only shows hoodies and baseball caps from a high mounted camera I'm gonna scream.

IIRC most break ins start with ringing the front door bell. I'd want 3 low cameras in that location.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X