CCTV for the home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCTV for the home

Anyone know of a good system for a home? Its for exterior spaces. Prefer something good day and night and that has internet access so I can look at the CCTV anywhere.
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Like Zmodo security system can meet your needs and normally its price are around $300, if you are interested in,you cna check its online site shop cctvfocal.com.

Comment

I bought a unit at Best Buy about a year ago that had 1 1/2 in cameras and an IR unit. Internet and smart phone capable. It was about $250. At one point I saw some pictures and they were very good. I bought them for someone else and will try to find out the make.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Thank you guys! Keep the suggestions coming

Curtis, keep me posted! I want to be able to expand the system for multiple cameras.

Comment

The one I bought is expandable. As soon as the person I bought it for gets back to me...I'll know the name.

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I found it. http://www.vuezone.com/shop/systems/...d-night-vision

This a nice little system and it has a motion detector and is expandable up to 7 cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
              I found it. http://www.vuezone.com/shop/systems/...d-night-vision

This a nice little system and it has a motion detector and is expandable up to 7 cameras.
              I may need more then 7 though, but I like the motion detector. This way I cover all angles of the house, plus the detached garage interior (if we buy this house).

Comment

Anyone????

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
                  Anyone????

currently there are 4/8/16/24/32 channels security DVR,you can add up to 4/8/16/24/32 respectively.

You can just google what you need with keywords or visit directly what I recommend(they are 16 channel security DVR)

http://www.cctvfocal.com/digital-vid...rity-dvrs.html

Comment

Originally posted by johnair View Post
                    currently there are 4/8/16/24/32 channels security DVR,you can add up to 4/8/16/24/32 respectively.

You can just google what you need with keywords or visit directly what I recommend(they are 16 channel security DVR)

http://www.cctvfocal.com/digital-vid...rity-dvrs.html
                    Thanks! I just wonder how that works or what I would need or what cameras are compatible. It looks like I have to run the wires in to the box, and some would be really long runs.

Comment

I use these guys for most of our commercial installations. They have a full service tech support division and there sales team is very knowledgeable. This is their retail site. if you are an installer or reseller, ask for their wholesale pricing. Also, check out their forum under the support tab.

www.securitycameraking.com
                      www.nhmonitoring.com

Comment

Originally posted by bababouy View Post
                        I use these guys for most of our commercial installations. They have a full service tech support division and there sales team is very knowledgeable. This is their retail site. if you are an installer or reseller, ask for their wholesale pricing. Also, check out their forum under the support tab.

www.securitycameraking.com
                        Thats pretty good! I can build my own system on that site. Cameras pretty good? What about during the night time?

Comment

You want to buy cameras with 100ft IR, at least. The cheaper cameras are only 50ft. It might seem like 50ft is enough for home use, but 100ft IR makes a big difference. If you go to their support section and flip through the forum there, you will find a demo video that we put up from a 27X PTZ that has 250ft of infrared. The video was shot in complete darkness. Infrared cameras work best when they are installed where there is no light at all. You will be able to see a black cat or a person wearing black clothes so much better when using a good IR camera.
                          www.nhmonitoring.com

Comment

Originally posted by bababouy View Post
                            You want to buy cameras with 100ft IR, at least. The cheaper cameras are only 50ft. It might seem like 50ft is enough for home use, but 100ft IR makes a big difference. If you go to their support section and flip through the forum there, you will find a demo video that we put up from a 27X PTZ that has 250ft of infrared. The video was shot in complete darkness. Infrared cameras work best when they are installed where there is no light at all. You will be able to see a black cat or a person wearing black clothes so much better when using a good IR camera.
                            So I shouldn't mount them near floodlights? I wanted to put them on the corners of the house, among other places.

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
                              So I shouldn't mount them near floodlights? I wanted to put them on the corners of the house, among other places.
                              Anything???

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X