home security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home security

is there any company or busines that can monitor my home surveillence cameras when i
    am at workI live in the country and dont have comcast can ADT do that type of stuff .
    nuuo is the system thanks for your time GERALD

You don't mention which NUUO system you have, or what kind of Internet access you have. A system that's capable of sending alerts (SMS text messages) to your cell phone might be the answer. There are quite a few of them out there. Some of them can also send still shots or short clips from the video to your phone if it supports MMS.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Nuuo surveillance

The nuuo system that i have is should do live video over the internet i
      have not tried it yet charles the guy that made it for me is no longer to be found i have no manual and he didnt send my old system back it was geovision. [email protected] 866-576-5013 does anybody know this man if so could you have him contact through this site.

I dont have internet at my house i teather through my phone with the river and creeks to go over comcast will not come to my house there is not enough houses for them to make money. So if i could get a cell phone sirvice to do this it would be good but i would like to turn it on when i leave for work and it would store video would not need to store alot just enough to have to prosecute . I am open for any ideas thanks again for your time gerald

also i can send pic of my system if that helps

Comment

I think you do have internet at your house if you're tethering your phone to your computer (and presumably visiting this forum from home). What you seem to mean is that you don't have high-speed internet via services such as cable, DSL etc.

So, I take it that you do have cell phone service at home, even if it's not 4G speeds, and that you have some sort of data plan that gives you access to the internet. Naturally, you need to take your cell phone when you go to work, which leaves your computer "incommunicado". What you could probably do, then, is to get a "cell phone card" for your computer - most wireless carriers sell these. This would (hopefully) enable your computer to use notification software to alert your cell phone at work via your wireless carrier - among other things (and it would eliminate the need to tether your phone to use the internet).

I'm not familiar with your system, unfortunately. I'm hoping some folks on the forum who are way more expert in this area than I am will chime in with some ideas.
        Last edited by SecTrainer; 12-01-2011, 02:21 PM.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

yes you are correct but i have a separate computor from my surveillance system that i use. i only use my surveillance computor for surveillance .sorry on the late reply i am at work and was to busy.
          so this cell phone card would go direct to my surveillance computor. do you know if it will do 16 cameras also are there any companies that do this kind of stuff without the guy that
          put this system together i am lost thanks again for your time GERALD

Comment

Home security

Thanks for sharing. Home security is getting more and more important. We want to protect our valuables, our families, and many turn to home security systems instead of having to have firearms in the home.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X