Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I.P. or Analog? Which one does your sit use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.P. or Analog? Which one does your sit use?

Which one does your sit use?
    ANOLOG
    0.00%
    IP.
    33.33%
    BOTH
    66.67%

The poll is expired.

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity." ~ Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.

I use IP, but that's because I sell IP surveillance solutions

It definitely depends on your surveillance environment and your requirements, but I know for our offices IP works great with us.

Thanks,

Jim
    http://www.dnfsecurity.com/

Comment

Personally i would pick a combination of both, for redundancy and to get the best of both, and ive seen many others that use a combination for those same reasons. Though ive seen many more to prefer to use analog, simply because IP tech still costs more, and analog is easily understandable and has been the norm for a while. They both have their place. I really like IP for their versatility, with a wireless setup you can pretty much move them anytime you want, and even access it from somewhere else with not much hassle.

I see that this is closed, but ive seen this topic coming up alot and just wanted to put in my opinion.

Comment

My company uses IP camera, too. IP cam and NVR are just simply much more versatile. From an installer's point of view, it's easier to install and manage. it used to cost a fortune to put in a NVR system, but nowadays a system with likes of ACTi IP cam and Qnap NVR doesn't cost much more than a good analog DVR anymore....

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X