Problems with Lenel panels losing communications repeatedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Lenel panels losing communications repeatedly

I have a number of properties with LNL-500 panels as well as Bosch Radionics intrusion panels. For some reason, the panels at these properties lose their communications several times a day. What’s interesting is that each building has its own panel, and not all the panels lose comms at the same time, so it’s not a WAN outage.

Sometimes it’s one panel, but not the others, and regardless of how many panels lose comms, they restore within a couple of minutes. Then maybe a couple hours later another panel will lose comms and restore within a couple of minutes.

Sometimes the panels sporadically go haywire throughout the day, with a few of them losing comms here and restoring, then maybe another group of panels at the property.

There is one property that it seems to be the most prevalent with. Though, I should say that the other properties only have one building and therefore only one panel, and while they also have similar issues, it seems to be more extensive at the remote property due to the fact that each building has its own panel.

Like I said, I don’t suspect the network. I have pulled reports and have not been able to identify any kind of pattern. At first I thought it may be due to bad weather. But looking at weather reports compared to panel comms lost reports from Lenel, I don’t see a definitive pattern either.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Is the server polling the panels or are the panels sending out heartbeats ?

If they are sending out heartbeats, check the interval they get sent out against the supervision interval setting on the server. I know if a panel is supposed to be checked every 3 minutes, a lot of systems only send a single heartbeat every 3 minutes. That means if there is a network "blip", the panel fails the supervision check. In my view, client devices should send heartbeats every 60 or 90 seconds - even if they will only cause a loss of supervision failure after 3 minutes.
    IP Alarms

Comment

Originally posted by lenovo27 View Post
      I have a number of properties with LNL-500 panels as well as Bosch Radionics intrusion panels. For some reason, the panels at these properties lose their communications several times a day. What’s interesting is that each building has its own panel, and not all the panels lose comms at the same time, so it’s not a WAN outage.

Sometimes it’s one panel, but not the others, and regardless of how many panels lose comms, they restore within a couple of minutes. Then maybe a couple hours later another panel will lose comms and restore within a couple of minutes.

Sometimes the panels sporadically go haywire throughout the day, with a few of them losing comms here and restoring, then maybe another group of panels at the property.

There is one property that it seems to be the most prevalent with. Though, I should say that the other properties only have one building and therefore only one panel, and while they also have similar issues, it seems to be more extensive at the remote property due to the fact that each building has its own panel.

Like I said, I don’t suspect the network. I have pulled reports and have not been able to identify any kind of pattern. At first I thought it may be due to bad weather. But looking at weather reports compared to panel comms lost reports from Lenel, I don’t see a definitive pattern either.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

lenovo27, keep me updated if you find out what is causing it. I stumbled upon this forum researching the same problem. We also thought it was weather related at first!

Comment

What version of OnGuard are you using?

Comment

If you use LNL-500 panels, I would guess that you are using Lantronix devices to connect the LNL panels to your network. So Lantronix device could be a point to look into.
          vnsecurepro

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X