No announcement yet.

Access Control Panels & Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't heard of that, but it's not a good thing. Regardless of maintenance, it shouldn't do that. I have access control systems that haven't seen a tech in years (knock on wood), with no problems. You shouldn't "have" to have regular maintenance to keep it running smoothly, though it is a good thing.
    sigpic
    Rocket Science
    Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
    One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

I ran past this thread and I thought I would add in a few more access control systems.
      NetAxs stand alone--www.honeywellaccess.com
      Prowatch-----www.honeywellintegrated.com
      Vindicator----http://www.honeywellvindicator.com/
      S2 Netbox- http://www.s2sys.com/overview.html
      Brivo----http://www.brivo.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chaple View Post
        I would imagine that ADT is a major part of the issue. I was looking through some old notes on the access control system a few months back. It seems that regardless of the service agreement ADT had not been doing regular maintenance on the Win-Pak server. It got pretty ... interesting for them after two (2) years with out any scheduled maintenance. The biggest issue was a complete lock out. Whenever an employee swiped there was no telling which door would unlock. Although there was a one in eight chance of the correct door opening I still look at it as a lock out.
        What version of Winpak are you currently running? The biggest issue is usually db corruption when the system is not maintained. Winpak uses MSDE which has a 2 gig limitation which will cause problems if you do not archive old history.
        The problem that you refer to with random doors opening or a random lockout. Was the door in a timezone or shortly just left its TZ when this certain someone scanned their credential?

Comment

Originally posted by DustynF View Post
          What version of Winpak are you currently running? The biggest issue is usually db corruption when the system is not maintained. Winpak uses MSDE which has a 2 gig limitation which will cause problems if you do not archive old history.
          The problem that you refer to with random doors opening or a random lockout. Was the door in a timezone or shortly just left its TZ when this certain someone scanned their credential?
          WinPak 2.0, and it began at around two (2) hours before the scheduled time zone change.
          "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chaple View Post
            WinPak 2.0, and it began at around two (2) hours before the scheduled time zone change.
            Are you running any command files?

Comment

No, we do not even have a command file server.
              "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Here one you might want to add to you're growing list...

Good Morning All

Here one you might want to add to you're growing list...

1Point Security

Their web site can be founded at http://www.1pointsecurity.com/

You might also check out my write up in the Vendor Forum, titled
                "A Unified Solution For Convergence of IT and IP Physical Access Control Solutions"

Comment

How about IR Security Technologies. They have some interesting products and they are a HUGE company. I think they have wireless cylindrical locks that you can use any access control front end to run them.
                  Check out: SMS, Bright Blue, Schlage Express, etc....

Some of their stuff is a little goofy but they have some products that are creative.

Comment

Lenel

Hello everyone! I am from Vietnam and working in Security business.

No one have mentioned about Lenel system. They provide a total security solution, called OnGuard - now OnGuard 2009 version - with complete range of hardware and software. This is quite a high-end system with a lot of functionalities and big capability. Many big companies are using Lenel OnGuard or changing to Lenel OnGuard.

Comment

We use a lot of Lenel, Hirsch, and Prowatch. My personal favorite is Lenel it is really versatile and has a lot of different systems that can integrate well with it. We have a lot of customers that use Lenel and are very happy with it the only downside is they charge for everything because they are a software company.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X