Changing to prox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing to prox

Our institution is very late in changing from barcode readers to proximity readers. We finally got this job approved to change out all of our readers. Now the issue is the card design software and printer. The software is ExpressionsID and, according to IT, is very antiquated (even though it is the latest version). This is where one part of my question comes in. Does anyone know a better badge design and printing software than ExpressionsID that utilizes SQL. Our current database is sql and they do not want to change.
    The second part of my question is if anyone has every went through a ID badge change before and if they have any advice? There are probably many things we have not thought of as far as distribution and printing. Our PR dept. is very particular about the cards and wants everything to be perfect looking. The first prox badge we printed came out with a yellow/tan tint. This is probably a printer setting, but if anyone has encountered this before please chime in.

Originally posted by RobertD View Post
    The first prox badge we printed came out with a yellow/tan tint. This is probably a printer setting, but if anyone has encountered this before please chime in.
    Odd tinting could be the result of incorrect card thickness. You may want to try dailing down the thickness on your printer, or you may have to by thicker cards. Most badge printers work best with cards about the thickness of a credit card.
    "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Have you called tech support?
      What access system are you using?
      I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by LARMGUY View Post
        Have you called tech support?
        What access system are you using?
        A lot of manufactures' tech support will only work with official dealers.
        "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chaple View Post
          A lot of manufactures' tech support will only work with official dealers.
          Agreed.
          I just was wondering if he was using the Identicard software and hardware too. Their website shows internet capable but unknown about SQL.
          I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X