Securing a pool area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
    In a four year period of time, I had probably five times where I found someone who had jumped a locked gate to enter a pool area. Every time, I opened the gate so they could leave (also so I could get in ). I would have to be a complete retard to make someone jump back over a fence.

Also, I said I personally did not care if someone got hurt while illegally entering a secured area, and that is true. That does not mean I did not do my job properly, just that I have a low tolerance for stupid people.
    You are discussing, or arguing, something that was never said. Why?
    A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

Since they are trying to enjoy themselves, something that is annoying/embarrassing may discourage them. Something obnoxious sounding with a strobe. A lot of electronics stores sell cheap, self-contained motion detector alarms. Cost will be a consideration, because they will probably get vandalized regularly. The best part about the self-contained alarms, is that you can take them down when you unlock the pool, to minimize the opportunites for vandalism.
      "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

An intrusion prevention system is an applicable security monitoring service/device for recreational areas and pools.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chaple View Post
          Since they are trying to enjoy themselves, something that is annoying/embarrassing may discourage them. Something obnoxious sounding with a strobe. A lot of electronics stores sell cheap, self-contained motion detector alarms. Cost will be a consideration, because they will probably get vandalized regularly. The best part about the self-contained alarms, is that you can take them down when you unlock the pool, to minimize the opportunites for vandalism.
          That might work at my downtown hotel where the pool is located on it's own floor & at one of my airport hotels where it is enclosed near the banquet salons but would NOT work in the other hotel where 1 pool is in an atrium & the other outside, both sourrounded by guest rooms. It'd scare the heck out of sleeping guests!
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X