www.PublicSafetyStore.com

Great prices on quality equipment.

California Security Blog
    Domain Registration Services

Originally posted by publicsafetyred
    Western Public Safety

www.PublicSafetyStore.com

Great prices on quality equipment.
    They could have better selection of gear, but their price on taser EMDs is nice.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

What kind of gear would you like to see offered?

California Security Blog

Comment

Hmm. My main "issue" with the site is that the primary product is illegal in my state for anyone but a sworn public officer to possess. (Tasers)

What about offering the Strion in addition to the Scorpion, for those who want a rechargable flashlight?

Handcuffs sold individually instead of a package.

And, perhaps, duty gear.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Hmm. My main "issue" with the site is that the primary product is illegal in my state for anyone but a sworn public officer to possess. (Tasers)...
          Same in CT. Question though: Why are people allowed to sell stun guns on Ebay? I wish this practice could be stopped.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I will get more duty gear into my product line. All of the package items are avaliable individually, just use the search feature or the index link from the main page. If it helps, the store does an extensive background check for every Taser X26 sold. (Its included in the price and costs the buyer nothing.) As of yet, most states do not regulate the carry of Tasers.

California Security Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
              Same in CT. Question though: Why are people allowed to sell stun guns on Ebay? I wish this practice could be stopped.
              Ebay allows stun guns but not Tasers. Two completely different animals. Stun guns hurt at the point of contact and thats it. Tasers shoot up to 35 feet and you just can't move at all.

California Security Blog

Comment

Ebay allows stun guns but not Tasers. Two completely different animals. Stun guns hurt at the point of contact and thats it. Tasers shoot up to 35 feet and you just can't move at all.
                Wisconsin prohibits all electric weapons, regardless of their being probe launched or contact.

On that note, eBay allows X26c and M18 sales. They do have to obey the law, however, same as any other seller. Ie: They can sell ASP batons, but not to citizens in California who do not posess a baton permit.

Another item you might want to look at, publicsafetyred, is duty holsters for the Taser. That seems to be one of the primary items, and I've heard nothing but bad things about the generic taser holster. The holster for the X26c is... cute. But its not a duty weapon holster by any means.

Comment

Wisconsin prohibits all electric weapons, regardless of their being probe launched or contact.

On that note, eBay allows X26c and M18 sales. They do have to obey the law, however, same as any other seller. Ie: They can sell ASP batons, but not to citizens in California who do not posess a baton permit.

Another item you might want to look at, publicsafetyred, is duty holsters for the Taser. That seems to be one of the primary items, and I've heard nothing but bad things about the generic taser holster. The holster for the X26c is... cute. But its not a duty weapon holster by any means.
                  Again thanks for the info. I was told by Ebay that any taser including the X26c and M18 are prohibited. I even had two of my auctions yanked off. One was for the X26c and the other was for the M18. I am going to check with Safariland and see if we can carry some duty Taser holsters.

California Security Blog

Comment

Again thanks for the info. I was told by Ebay that any taser including the X26c and M18 are prohibited. I even had two of my auctions yanked off. One was for the X26c and the other was for the M18. I am going to check with Safariland and see if we can carry some duty Taser holsters.
                    Safariland makes a 6280 SLS holster for the X26 and M18 Taser now. Its compatible with the Universal Belt Loop, and can be strong side, tac mount, or weak side carried using the UBL.

Anything but that damn civilian X26c holster. It looks like a UM82, and I doubt you can draw it out that easily. It looks more like a damn cell phone case.

Also, that's strange to me, as I see auctions for the M18L all the time. But, then again, eBay keeps yanking folks who sell Federal Signal lightbars. It has the word Federal, so it must be government property and obviously stolen...

Comment

Already aware of the difference. The problem with E-bay is that the seller posts a disclaimer that the buyer is responsible for abiding by all state and local laws. Of course the buyer doesn't care and E-bay turns a blind eye to it. Bottom line: Stun guns are being sold to who knows who.

Comment

Already aware of the difference. The problem with E-bay is that the seller posts a disclaimer that the buyer is responsible for abiding by all state and local laws. Of course the buyer doesn't care and E-bay turns a blind eye to it. Bottom line: Stun guns are being sold to who knows who.
                        Yes, Ebay allows stun gus. However stun guns are no real threat to anyone.

I speak from personal experience, and from monitoring Ebay sales for about 2 months; Ebay does not allow the sale of Tasers.

California Security Blog

Comment

Yes, Ebay allows stun gus. However stun guns are no real threat to anyone.
                          How so? And if so, why are they illegal in some states?

Comment

How so? And if so, why are they illegal in some states?
                            Some states outlaw various weapons because they feel that the public does not need to arm themselves to defend themselves - that is the function of the police. Example, OC is regulated in several states - and outlawed outright in others.

Wisconsin prohibits ANY electric weapon, taser or stun gun, since 1982. Most likely because they work, and there is a "potential for abuse."

This is the same state that only recently provided an exception to the possession of "tear gas or similar chemicals" being a felony, that exception being it composed of pure OC. No other chemicals.

Comment

Some states outlaw various weapons because they feel that the public does not need to arm themselves to defend themselves - that is the function of the police. Example, OC is regulated in several states - and outlawed outright in others.

Wisconsin prohibits ANY electric weapon, taser or stun gun, since 1982. Most likely because they work, and there is a "potential for abuse."

This is the same state that only recently provided an exception to the possession of "tear gas or similar chemicals" being a felony, that exception being it composed of pure OC. No other chemicals.
                              I still don't buy the part about stun guns not being a real threat to anyone.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X