Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    I don't have a "ninja leader", so I still don't get it. In fact, I don't frankly get any of the "ninja" or "member of Corbier's Commandos" stuff that I see on the board. Inside joke, I guess...or maybe I'm just dense.

Oh well, I don't have to get it, do I? Have fun!
    OMG you don't know what Ninja thing is?..
    gezzz now got me looking for where it started it is a old inside joke but how do you not know about it you where hear before me and I know it and you don't. Not poke at ya. I know you a pretty damn good officer and man. I issue a quest to all those feel there wother tke foth this tast when did we start useing ninja to poke fun at the nuts lose canons the the navy seal that can't swim and so on.
    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Corbier's Commandos:
      http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...light=commando

http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...ighlight=ninja

Ninja
      Explaining internet ninja is a task that is beyond my knowledge/skill/attention span. But on here people usually mean it as a derogatory term for some one who is either delusional or a poseur. A.K.A. "Keyboard Commando"
      http://www.themartialist.com/1206/un...ngtrolling.htm
      http://www.themartialist.com/pecom/vtg.htm
      "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

I don't want to derail this thread or beat my own drum... But, I'm thinking I coined the term Super Ninja, if I'm wrong I will admit and pay my due pennance (sp?)... Those were the days...

First mention of it that I know of...

As far as the Corbier's Commandos... I tip my hat to Black Ceaser; at one time a Door Gunner

I almost forgot about the great Tire Iron Incident....LOL
        ~Super Ninja Sniper~
        Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
          I guess I don't get what's different about this new forum or why it's needed.
          That's okay. Participation is strictly volunteery.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I think one of the key things necessary for any success is to get the word out about your site. I found this site, Security Info Watch, because I visit the forums at Firehouse.com and at the bottom of the list of sub forums is a link to his site. I'm not sure how others found their way here.
            Another thing I think is important is offering something which isn't already found here. Let's face it. This is a pretty diverse groups here at SIW. We ahve everything from brand new warm body guards to upper management exec types. I think SIW offers a lot already.
            That said, I've registered at your new site and am interested in watching it grow.
            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
              I don't want to derail this thread or beat my own drum... But, I'm thinking I coined the term Super Ninja, if I'm wrong I will admit and pay my due pennance (sp?)... Those were the days...

First mention of it that I know of...
              You probably were the first person to use it on here, but it is a commonly used slang term. Then again you may have coined the term; if so I thank you.
              "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

Just so yall know the site is on its way back up. Come on over and reregister. Our fearless ninja/commando leader finally got away from the buffet on his cruise ship to get it going again!
                SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
                  Just so yall know the site is on its way back up. Come on over and reregister. Our fearless ninja/commando leader finally got away from the buffet on his cruise ship to get it going again!
                  The forums are up, but its a long way to go. I'm working on it, slowly, and when its done, I'll announce.

Feel free to play on the forums, but keep in mind: It was designed to compete with PoliceLink, not SIW, and therefore is supposed to be (and will eventually be) a full blown social portal site, not a forum subsection.

Every time I see a security post on RP, PoliceLink, or Officer.com end in "this is for the REAL POLICE, get out," I work a little harder.

SIW and SP are the only two sites I know of that aren't horrid to look at and have forums. And I'm still tweaking the various SP templates so that the modules (videos, forums, etc) don't break the template.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Great site. I registered and look forward to more exchanges of information as well as interesting topics and shared knowledge

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X