X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harrystone
    replied
    Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
    My website is a template also, but I have complete control and choose the content, including graphics. Hope you get a reply from JNKSDESIGN as itheir domain expired on 12/28/08 and is for sale. You must have been one of their last customers.
    I browsed your website, it's a nice one. I think your business won't be bad.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by RavaSecMgt View Post
    I really was an employee of OlivSec ages ago. And as far as i know website was done under template to safe funds and as far as i remember price was a bit over 2000Euro.

I don't really believe the pic is of UPSA but contacted JNKS Design anyways just for my own interest...
    If anyone wants to pay me three thousand dollars for a website that's worth about 250, please, PM me now.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    I really was an employee of OlivSec ages ago. And as far as i know website was done under template to safe funds and as far as i remember price was a bit over 2000Euro.

I don't really believe the pic is of UPSA but contacted JNKS Design anyways just for my own interest...
    My website is a template also, but I have complete control and choose the content, including graphics. Hope you get a reply from JNKSDESIGN as itheir domain expired on 12/28/08 and is for sale. You must have been one of their last customers.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    Amusingly enough, Rava's website is hosted in a nation that isn't a signatory to the Berne convention, so USPA can't go after the hosting firm to remove the infringing picture.

If nothing else, this really makes me wonder how much Rava paid for a website, if his website developer is stealing photos from Google Image Search or whatever.
    Even though the site is hosted in Ireland and not covered under Berne, Rava needs to do the right thing and have the picture removed. I think startasecuritycompany has given enough documentation that the picture is purloined.

Leave a comment:

• RavaSecMgt
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    If nothing else, this really makes me wonder how much Rava paid for a website, if his website developer is stealing photos from Google Image Search or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    LOL i will send the pm to you as this is ridiculous

EDIT:
    One thing that really makes it a bugger "WORLD RESOURCE..." which you are not. You would never pass contractors approval or safe contractors approval or any other with your sop. Your products can not and should not be used in other then NYC if they where developed for NYC...
    So hope after receiving my short e-mail you will stop this ridiculous postings. Just to save moderators time.

BY THE WAY

That's what we all want, as you could understand from previous posts. As this topic slowly becomes trash...
    Cheers.
    Amusingly enough, Rava's website is hosted in a nation that isn't a signatory to the Berne convention, so USPA can't go after the hosting firm to remove the infringing picture.

Leave a comment:

• RavaSecMgt
    replied
    LOL i will send the pm to you as this is ridiculous

EDIT:
    One thing that really makes it a bugger "WORLD RESOURCE..." which you are not. You would never pass contractors approval or safe contractors approval or any other with your sop. Your products can not and should not be used in other then NYC if they where developed for NYC...
    So hope after receiving my short e-mail you will stop this ridiculous postings. Just to save moderators time.

BY THE WAY
    Originally posted by startasecuritycompany.com View Post
    Now, let's make a truce
    That's what we all want, as you could understand from previous posts. As this topic slowly becomes trash...
    Cheers.
    Last edited by RavaSecMgt; 07-28-2009, 05:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• startasecuritycompany.com
    replied
    Here's the screenshot and a larger version of that photo

http://www.usprotectionagency.com/olivera.html

Now, let's make a truce, or just find someone else to harass. Either way, I'm not going to justify anything else to you. I am in the business of helping security company owners. There's no pyramid. There's no ill will toward anyone, not even you, Ron. I've never had a bad word to say about any of the consulting experts that moderate this forum. Like I've said, I recommend their services to clients of mine or potential clients.

Leave a comment:

• startasecuritycompany.com
    replied
    Enough is Enough

Ok, Ron.

I think it's sad that you've launched some type of smear campaign against me. I'm not going to have a forum war with you, although that's what you'd like to see. I would like to point out however, that for a fraud and whatever else you call me, you sure must have some type of unknown respect for me, since you have a photo of ME and my Employees on your website. Yes that's right, the very guy you keep accusing to be this and that, is the Executive Protection photo that you stole from my previous website (wearing USPA Shirts). In case anyone wants to see the photo on his page, I captured it on a screenshot and also I have the photo in real size, so you can clearly see that it's me, my employees on a security detail in USPA shirts. Maybe you can stop the harassment now of my Live Chat Operators at night... and just to answer your questions regarding license and insurance:

My Security Business is Licensed, Bonded and Insured. NYS 11000121895, Bonded by Great American Insurance $10,000 and Insured by Gemini Insurance $5,000,000.

Now please go away.

Oh, and here's the link to a photo of me on your website:

http://www.oliverasecurity.com/services.html

The pic to the right: Michael Evans (left) William Kosteas (Back to Camera) Craig Anderson (bald guy) Greg Mazza (Principal getting out of my truck) at Fox Hollow Coutry Club, Baiting Hollow NY, June 5, 2005.

Leave a comment:

• RavaSecMgt
    replied
    Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
    It must be the Summer heat.
    possibly

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Both of you need to take your bickering and slams private. This forum is not your personal sandbox.

It must be the Summer heat.

Leave a comment:

• RavaSecMgt
    replied
    Originally posted by startasecuritycompany.com View Post
    Ron,

Interesting that this is not your first attempt at discrediting my company. Did you fail to mention that you, too, are a competitor? RAVA Security Management in Ireland. I noticed that in other forums, you claim to have bought our bundle package, and now you claim to have bought our SOP manual. Do you think for even 1 second, that the way to break into the field of security consulting, is to trash your competitors? Put out a good product, be honest, stop trashing people and maybe you'll be successful.. that's your first lesson in security...

PS that one is free.

Michael Evans
    OMG! first i was shocked... Then i started to cry... Then laugh like mad... I don't know what to say... YOU? COMPETITOR? We don't sell crap to X-McDonald's guys ho want to start security company
    And no that's not the name of our company. Only thing we are doing that may be associated with security companies,but is required to all companies that have their own security that is IS999-2004 Guarding Quality Standard which is enforced by law and National Standards Authority.
    I have overlooked all websites of your company. And you are just another financial pyramid or look like one...

And one another thing, we have professional indemnity insurance as well as other insurance policies covering our business.
    Do you have that?

Where are any of your qualifications listed? Lets say at least Bachelor in Security Management. All it says you have degree. What degree? In dog grooming for 299 from universal university from mars....

Over and out...
    Agh... feel good

EDIT: i never wanted to express myself in wrong way. But I'm worried cause of your incompetence your endangering other people and their life... Financial stability. Even if we will look at your forms.. They are not yours and taken from books such as Security Operations Management by Robert D.McCrie ; Contemporary Security Management by John J.Fay. And other (Have too many books to overlook them all ) I understand that those are samples that are acceptable by security industry and can be used in your company, but at least you could design your own, and if you operate in NY sell products to NY companies do not declare yourself WORLD RESOURCE for starting security companies. You are Worlds [email protected]@x not a resource. Do you even understand how much damage you can make to business owners that will use your products??
    Last edited by RavaSecMgt; 07-17-2009, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by doulos Christou View Post
    Sec...I tend to agree with you, but I wanted to point out a few things:

The $25 that they are paying, I assume, refers to the $25 fee that CL now charges to post a job offer on their site. Also, I have posted and responded to many ads in 4 years from CL and have never been raped, robbed, etc or had intentions to that effect. That is just a magnification of 1 or 2 rare occurrances. I understand that the purpose was hyperbolic, but it should be noted as such.
    Noted. As for 1-2 "rare occurrences", you've apparently not been keeping up. I'm taking a class in CL tracing tonight, as a matter of fact, because it's become such an ENORMOUS problem.

Point missed - sorry I expressed it badly.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 07-08-2009, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• txinvestigator
    replied
    [QUOTE=SecTrainer;94693]
    (**"Around $25"? According to their job posting, they pay $9 to $12: http://www.usprotectionagency.com/cu...jobs-uspa.html)
    In major cities, you pay $25 for a Craigs list ad. In other markets it is free. But the paragraph IS confusing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    Having a little trouble with this post about hiring security officers by Evans on http://startasecuritycompany.com/blo...1_archive.html :

"Best advice is to use Craig's List or Indeed. I now use them all the time and find most people that use Craig's List are looking for work*. I pay around twenty five dollars** and always fill the job. Now, I'm not saying I haven't had to hire some "idiots", I'm just saying there has been times I have been grateful for those "idiots". Many times they will give you a few weeks before they start screwing you over or go postal, usually just enough time to get some good workers permanently. I hope this helps those thinking of not taking a job because the fear of not being able to fill it. For Companies in the US, we recommend posting your job openings on Craigs List or Indeed."

(* Well, no. Quite a few people who use Craig's List are looking for potential rape victims, robbery victims, fraud victims, afternoon delights or whatever...if you call any of that "work".)

(**"Around $25"? According to their job posting, they pay $9 to $12: http://www.usprotectionagency.com/cu...jobs-uspa.html)

And this "hire idiots if you have to" advice is given right after another blog post saying this about how to limit your security company's liability:

"It starts with your hiring practice

How did you screen the guard? Did you conduct a criminal background check? Did you check with his past employers? Did you document who you spoke with? Was there a psychological test administered? a drug test?"

Ummm....how does hiring "idiots" off Craig's List to work "for a few weeks before they go postal" fit into that? Try to tell me how you're going to do all this screening when you're thinking "This guy's really an idiot, but I'll use him for a few weeks - just long enough to land this contract and get someone good to replace him." You're going to spend $300-500 or more to hire and screen a "temporary idiot"?!

Yet, this is exactly what Evans is advising you to do - hire idiots, if that's what you have to do to get the contract. There's no other interpretation possible.

I'd sure love to be the new client who gets the "idiots" Evans hires. I mean, let's be fair. Even an idiot has to eat, and why would we begrudge him picking up some quick cash working security for Evans...in between trolling Craig's List for rape victims, of course. (Or, he might find one right there at his bran' spankin' new sekurty job, too!)

NOT!

And, more to the point, if this kind of advice is what Evans is selling to people starting a security company (as his blog was set up to do), I can only say GOD HELP US ALL.

Oh, and another thing. This is the first "large, successful security company" (they work in "every contiguous state, Hawaii and Alaska", they've got a K-9 unit, a Maritime Unit, an Executive Protection Unit and even a Computer Forensics unit and armored car services and I think they deliver pizza, too) I've ever run across that stresses that their offices are "Not open to the public" and tells potential applicants "Don't call or come to our offices" because they're "secure government facilities"...but yet they hire idiots off of Craig's List.

If anyone else can get their mind around any of this, help me out here.
    Sec...I tend to agree with you, but I wanted to point out a few things:

The $25 that they are paying, I assume, refers to the $25 fee that CL now charges to post a job offer on their site. Also, I have posted and responded to many ads in 4 years from CL and have never been raped, robbed, etc or had intentions to that effect. That is just a magnification of 1 or 2 rare occurrances. I understand that the purpose was hyperbolic, but it should be noted as such.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X