Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a Security Company

thanks for all of the nice comments from our competitors
    Last edited by startasecuritycompany.com; 01-13-2008, 09:46 AM. Reason: none
    startasecuritycompany.com

Originally posted by startasecuritycompany.com View Post
    Hey Everyone. I'm new to this forum, but I have a wealth of knowledge for anyone looking to start their own security company. In 2007startasecuritycompany.com built over 30 security companies both in the United States and Abroad, including the Middle East. Just thought that this would be a great place to help out if needed.

I specialize on helping security guards, officers etc.. open their own company.

For more information, please feel free to ask, or visit my website at:

Why don't you step up and identify yourself? Is there a reason you don't? Not here nor on either website?
    Richard Dickinson
    Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
    DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
    www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

The domain was bought by:
      U.S. Protection Agency, Inc.
      312 W 53 St
      Suite 202
      New York, NY 10019
      US
      +1.8009918772x101

http://www.usprotectionagency.com/ <- This website is broken in new and interesting ways. For good or bad, that reflects on startasecuritycompany.com

... I wonder if I should mention my consulting service in Tennessee now, or Monday...
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

After a little hunting, this is all I found by way of "about us" on the website:

http://www.startasecuritycompany.com...y_Company.html

I'm not sure what growing up in a small house has to do with anything, but the information is very short on qualifications that would suggest the kind of expertise one would look for when buying this kind of information, other than "we started our own security company"...and a massage parlor too, it looks like.

For instance, I would expect at least one of these "experts" to have a degree in business management or security management. I would also expect to see executive experience acquired at companies other than their own, or in command situations in military police/security services. Otherwise, all they know is how they've done things. That none of these things are mentioned on this page probably means that these 'experts" do not have such qualifications. Nor are there any industry certifications (CPO, CPP, CISSP, etc)...

At first, I was tempted to purchase one of the products just to take a gander...after reading this page, I'm no longer tempted. Anyone can take standard business plans, etc., do some superficial "mods" to "customize" for any specific industry, and throw it up on the Web for sale. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is selling "start-a-biz" products with resale rights that will let anyone make a few cosmetic changes to the products and throw up Web sites like "startajunkyard.com", "startanuclearpowerplant.com", "startahospital.com", "startyourowncountry.com"...etc.

I suppose we can expect that a lot of "security wannabe's" (who ever thought I'd use that term?) who know nothing about the field will purchase these products. Look for postings coming soon from an assortment of sadsacks: "Hello...I'm a McDonald's frycook and I found this site about starting a security company..."

However, another possibility intrigues me...I'm off to see if I can find startamassageparlor.com or maybe startatanningbooth.com. Is startawhorehouse.com taken? Gee, I hope not!
        Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-12-2008, 06:57 AM.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Marketing. They grew up in a small house, so they are the "everyman," i.e. a regular joe security guard like "you and me."

It has been 2 years in business and we have since built our first million dollar home, bought 3 cars, 1 boat, and 1 tanning and massage company. Oh yeah, and we quit our jobs. Our security company currently holds government contracts all over the place and private sector clients sign on with us every day.
          This, right here, is pyramid scheme speak. You have got to be kidding me. "We started a company, and in two years, we have 3 cars, a million dollar home, a boat, and a ... what?!

I've heard that a lot of people are starting these firms just to sell off to someone, but come on, folks. This is not Quixar. This is not Herbalife.

Hell, maybe it is, and this is why the industry is regulated in such a draconian fashion with square badges and laws prohibiting security guards from doing things that regular citizens may do.

Maybe there's a full blown contingent of Herbalife gimmickers out there who are trying to sell Security Companies to Independent Business Owners and their Upstream will Support them.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

It would be very easy for them to prove the value of their products - simply distribute copies to independent security management experts for their evaluation. There's nothing like peer review to resolve questions of quality. In the process, it might be a good idea to check the products for plagiarism, too - purely as a matter of precaution, of course. Cutting-and-pasting is so easy these days.

The thing that really gave me the willies about these Willies was the price of $29 for their "costing" product. Being that proper costing is really the crux of successful security agency management, and is fairly complex, I would have expected this to be the most expensive item they sell, or at least priced up their with the "business plan" product, if it had any value at all. I'd really like HR Dickenson's opinion on this one! Just can't bring myself to part with the $29 myself, based on everything else I've seen, although I could write it off.

Calling HR Dickenson....oh, calling HR Dickenson...
            Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-12-2008, 06:43 AM.

Comment

P.S. - good news! startawhorehouse.com isn't taken yet, but neither is startatoiletpaperrecyclingcompany.com. I'm torn between these two huge opportunities...

But wait! Why not do both? After all, it's the same manuals. Just substitute "toilet paper" for "whore"...maybe a few other little mods. Throw up two sites, link them up, do a little SEO (search engine optimization), and Bob's your uncle. Money pouring in.

Look for my next post to be made from my yacht, and I don't want any of the rest of you poor saps to try to borrow money from me, either. You blew your chance (no pun intended).
              Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-12-2008, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Redirected thread

I redirected this thread to this fourm yesterday and sent him a PM welcoming him to participate in the discussions, but to post his advertisements in the vendor fourm. No response yet.
                Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

S.T., As you said, if it had any value at all, it wouldn't cost $29.00!! If I was still in the consulting business, I might be tempted to download it, but probably not. My product is still doing well and is being marketed by a couple of industry friends. Hope you are all doing well.
                  Richard Dickinson
                  DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
                  www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                    The domain was bought by:
                    U.S. Protection Agency, Inc.
                    312 W 53 St
                    Suite 202
                    New York, NY 10019
                    US
                    +1.8009918772x101

http://www.usprotectionagency.com/ <- This website is broken in new and interesting ways. For good or bad, that reflects on startasecuritycompany.com

... I wonder if I should mention my consulting service in Tennessee now, or Monday...
                    N.A., Curtis, S.T., I occassionally recieve calls for consulting services. If you fellas would like to send me some material at [email protected] I will be glad to send people your way.
                    Richard Dickinson
                    www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

I specialize in Security Management consulting for retailers, attorneys and insurance companies. Here's a link to my website:

http://www.securityconsultingstrategies.com/
                      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

oh my go...

I know this is an old website,but just for those folks that may want to buy something from "startsecuritycompany.com"
                        I bought their product actually standard operating procedures. Yep i did it,was wondering are they really so good..So many testimonials and stuff..

So here is the truth,SOP is awful,basically its probably something they found on the net and modified it a bit.. In reality no use to the security company. Its poor extremely poor. Probably as somebody mentioned it will be good only to the McDonald's guy with fantasy to start security company.

So another thing regarding their testimonials. I have received number of e-mails from them asking for testimonials and for that they sent me some free security forms... What can i say,forms are pretty basic can be found on the net... So not really sure if i could call their testimonials as reliable... far from that...

So guys that ever wanted to start security company use the proper consulting company that will definitely develop you orders that will lower your liability not the way around and train your stuff to the proper level...
                        I'm am not involved in any campaign against "startsecuritycompany" ...

"The worst bankruptcy in the world is the person who has lost his enthusiasm."

H. W. Arnold

Comment

Ron,

Interesting that this is not your first attempt at discrediting my company. Did you fail to mention that you, too, are a competitor? RAVA Security Management in Ireland. I noticed that in other forums, you claim to have bought our bundle package, and now you claim to have bought our SOP manual. Do you think for even 1 second, that the way to break into the field of security consulting, is to trash your competitors? Put out a good product, be honest, stop trashing people and maybe you'll be successful.. that's your first lesson in security...

PS that one is free.

Michael Evans

Comment

Mike,
                            I wont try to discredit anything here, and since im just an average security professional here, I want to say that your site looks nice, it has that feeling of look how many banner ads i squeezed in, and your personal qualifications look nice, but what really qualifies you to tell people how to run a security company?

I ask this because the successful people i see here in this forum, surround themselves with highly trained and knowledgeable personnel.

The amazing wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum is what keeps me coming back day in and day out.

Guys like Sectrainer may be a bit gruff, but its a harsh world out there for security, and if you cant impress the people here, or at least hold your own, then you dont have what it takes (in my opinion of course) to tell people how to run a security firm that isnt ( in your own words) fly by night.

I'm not trying to put you down, im merely trying to show you that there is alot to learn here, so i hope i have made my point.

P.S. Curtis, i perused your website and i have to say that the guy with the phone cords wrapped around him made me chuckle, since that is EXACTLY how i was last week before i had my vacation.

Comment

Hi. Emperor of the Internet here for ... me. I've actually been reading this company's blogger account. I've come to realize something. I don't know if the guy is regurgitating what's posted on other forums, or if he comes up with it himself... But the posts seem to have some level of competence.

Although, what kinda scares me is that they address things that state licensing should take care of. But, having read posts on here, I know that people simply don't do it. Things like "What should a contract for services contain?" Or, "Do you have a use of force policy?"

Now, some of this guy's product offerings scare the crap out of me. Without knowing exactly who and where the client is, you can't tell them things like "Arrest Powers" or "Use of Force." You can't really sell that, the laws across the United States are too varied. Lets not even get into other countries.

To put in perspective: A licensed guard in Florida can't "arrest" anybody. There's simply no statue authorizing private arrest. They can make detention under statute. They can make a "citizen's arrest" under common law and case law. But according to Florida Statutes, only a law enforcement officer can "arrest."

A licensed guard in South Carolina not only can make arrests in the name of the state, but can be resisted, can give lawful orders, can enforce laws in the name of the state, and can carry a firearm in the name of the state. They're granted all the powers of a deputy sheriff while on their property.

A licensed guard in Minnesota... oh, wait, there is no such thing. Anybody in Minnesota may arrest, have the same powers as a law enforcement officer while arresting (break and enter, overcome resistance, issue lawful orders, etc), and serve warrant.

So, which is the right "arrest" policy? Do you put that you can make a "citizen's arrest" throughout the US, or do you narrow it down?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X