Do People Really Pay These Prices? Website Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do People Really Pay These Prices? Website Ad

I saw an ad on a website for $350 dollars. In return, you got a year of website hosting, a domain name, and a four page templated static website. You brought your own content, no copyediting provided.

Lets break this down.
    1 Year of Hosting = $27 Dollars
    Domain Name Registration = $12 Dollars
    Four Page Website = $311 Dollars

Folks, do any of you really think that four pages with bad graphics and some text superimposed on them is really worth $311 dollars, when you have to write the text yourself?

This amuses me to no end, but it shouldn't amuse you. If your company is looking for a website, don't pay someone $311 dollars to make you a four page website with graphics lifted off google images and haphazardly placed around the site.

NAPSOA Cityscape Solutions is offering two things. The first is a discount of twenty five percent to any member of Security Info Watch forums. The second is that we're running another special.
    • One Year of Hosting
    • Consultation on Website
    • Masthead Logo Graphic
    • Five Page Static Web Site (1)
    • Domain Name Registration
    • Limited Copyediting Services (2)
    • Ten graphics per page
    • Graphics Design Work

Base Price: $150
    25% SIW Discount: $37.50
    Total Price: $112.50
    (1) Static Websites do not include PHP or other dynamic features. They are text and graphics that do not change unless you edit the HTML file.

(2) We will provide the first 200 words of copyediting per page for free, at a $50 dollar value. Each additional word that needs copyedited is at a rate of .25 cents per word. Copyediting is either creation of new content or the proofreading of content.

Need forums? Don't have $1500 dollars? That's fine. We will install phpBB (free) and vBulletin (license is required prior to installation, customer pays for licensing) on any hosting account that supports it for $50.00. We will manage your forums for you for $10.00 per month.

Need Groupware? We support phpProject, as well as NetOffice OpenSource Groupware solutions. We can install phpProject for $50.00, and NetOffice for $75.00.

Anyone who is interested in taking advantage of these services can reach me via PM here, on AIM using screenname "nacorbier", via telephone from 9AM to 5PM Central Time (M-F, closed on Labor Day, Off Hours Voice Mail), by email, or at the website cityscapesolutions.net.

Thank you,
    N. A. Corbier
    Managing Director
    NAPSOA Cityscape Solutions
    P.O. BOX 841154
    Pembroke Pines, FL 33084
    http://www.cityscapesolutions.net/
    (262) 484-6488 (Voice)
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Website Pricing

N.A.,

That's an incredible deal! When I frist started my website in 2003, I used Yahoo webhosting at $19.99 PER MONTH. I did use their free software to design the site, but no consultation or input from them. Forum members should jump all over your offer!
    Richard Dickinson
    Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
    DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
    www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Its still at $19.99 a month. Granted, the hosting doesn't permit PHP or other stuff, but lets face it. For a simple website that doesn't change, what the hell do you need a dynamic language for?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

It's good to know about your offer Nathan. I can't justify it right now, but things may change down the road.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

N.A.

Any takers on your great program?
          Richard Dickinson
          Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
          DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
          www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Originally posted by hrdickinson
            N.A.

Any takers on your great program?
            I've had a few from several areas. I'll probably run the promotion for a month or two, because, well, it really doesn't do me much harm.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X