No announcement yet.

WARNING - Thread contains rants...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another idea, the site owners could program it to block out the words Se***, and Av***n. That way, it is safe for the kids? We could eventually ad other words as needed? Eventually, only good words would remain, and we could all be happy.
    ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
      Maybe we could end this thread with lots of kind words about Avalon and Dan "the man with a golden gun" Seman? Anyone have something good to say? Anyone? Ok, i'll start. Google won't search for Dan Seman because it knows that you don't find Dan Seman, he find you!

Dan Seman doesn't sleep, he waits. I am sure there are other people who have some fun facts to share about him as well.
      Okay, now this is getting juvenile enough that you might have nuked your own thread.

I recommend you read your own sig line - the line by John Wayne in The Shootist - and especially the first phrase of the second sentence: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

It's a fine motto - providing you live up to it.
      Last edited by SecTrainer; 05-19-2010, 10:31 AM.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Geoff's response

As N.A. noted, there haven't been any changes on censorship, and I'm moving this thread the Burn Barrel because it's not even about security.

Basically, what we have found over the years is that there are a couple forum users who simply want to use these forums to bash a competitor repeatedly.

That is not the reason I established these forums 5 years ago (and had to fight to get them on the site, because it does expose us somewhat). The reason I established these was so that security industry professionals of all types -- whether officers, techies, LP, management, installers, etc. -- could share information.

Look, we are OK with people posting criticism, but when you start to take this forum and just try to use it as a vendetta blog against a company, you're not using it for its intended purposes and I may whack back your posts and if you do it enough, I may decide that we don't need you here.

That's not censorship, and it is not about wanting you to always "say nice things". I recognize that not everyone is satisfied with every product, every company or every service. It's OK to address the problems, but what I don't like are these "broken record" posters. We also don't like posts that are libelous. I recommend everyone re-read the terms of service and also spend some time searching the meanings of libel and defamation.

I must say that I find it very positive that most of our members seem to understand the situation here and don't see this as censorship. In fact, if you haven't already, just go back and look at pages and pages of negative/critical posts that are on this site...even this thread itself! For the forum users who do not understand this situation (again, very glad that most users do understand), I just want to say that you are more than welcome to call me or email me at anytime. My contact information is all over this site.

Geoff
        SecurityInfoWatch.com

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
          Okay, now this is getting juvenile enough that you might have nuked your own thread.

I recommend you read your own sig line - the line by John Wayne in The Shootist - and especially the first phrase of the second sentence: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

SecTrainer

It should be pretty obvious that I am joking. My problem, and many other peoples problem, is the restriction on posting negative information about a company, its services, products, or its management, etc...

I am all for posting good experiences as well. Good product reviews are very helpful. But so are bad product reviews. They both serve a valuable purpose.
          ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
            SecTrainer

It should be pretty obvious that I am joking. My problem, and many other peoples problem, is the restriction on posting negative information about a company, its services, products, or its management, etc...

I am all for posting good experiences as well. Good product reviews are very helpful. But so are bad product reviews. They both serve a valuable purpose.
            The good, the bad and the ugly, eh?

How about this instead: The good and the bad, yes...but not the ugly.

We become "ugly" - at least, as I see it - when we single out or "target" a particular company or individual in an ongoing effort to harm their reputation or to encourage other members to view them in a bad light. When we cross that line (and it's so obvious when we do), we're just as guilty of unprofessional behavior as the "target" we're trying to smear.
            Last edited by SecTrainer; 05-20-2010, 06:59 AM.
            "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

words to live by

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post

I live by this quote, by JW! simple, to the point, easy to implement, sometimes tested to the limit.

OT: I am new, to the security field, and learning policies and customs. I work for `the man' right now, but am considering getting some personal contracts in.
              sigpic

Semper paratus!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X