Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melrose Place MILFs VS councilman & cops over crime stats.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melrose Place MILFs VS councilman & cops over crime stats.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/vide...rfax-district/

"residents banding together" due to out of control open violence in formerly safe upscale neighborhood. Councilman "What crime?" Limo-Liberals "LA's crime rate just keeps dropping".

Tourist was robbed of new shoes and Rolex. Always with the shoes. Buddy who sold shoes explained "you can return a coat you kinda-sorta wore once, but once you wear shoes outside and cuff the shiny-new off the BOTTOMS they are no longer returnable because 'other peoples' shoes are GROSS". For some reason that doesn't apply to skiboots and bowling shoes, I guess. But what kinda of male is obsessed with fancy shoes? I did know a guy who was prime suspect of a major Snatch & Grab heist of expensive WOMAN's shoes for later fencing/profit, but those were at least brand new in the box, etc.

Four muggers and one pair of shoes. LMAO! They can't even each just get one shoe! You don't whether to laugh or cry. Do you suppose the sort of "urban youths" that go around yanking shoes off tourist's feet in broad daylight on busy street will be the type to come to a nice reasonable solution to which of the four gets the coveted shoes? Another thing I never understood about stealing shoes for personal use....how do you get the right size??? I can't look at someone's feet and know if their shoes will fit me, or at least not very well. Are these guys that steal shoes going around with ill fitting shoes? Because just ill fitting shoes will make your "pimp walk" not so pimp.

https://melroseaction.org/vicious-da...waring-avenue/
    "Several neighbors thought the two incidents were related. Some think maybe the Urban Outfitters call was possibly a distraction so that this premeditated attack could be carried out." INTERESTING, that is next-level "game".

But my point is there seems to be a growing disconnect between "how safe people feel" and Official Crime Rate. On my android Google news the Soccer Mom was saying how the councilman needs to look at the violent crime stats from their neighborhood group and that they are going to "confront him" etc. Sounds like this NGO Soccer Mom group is recording a much higher rate of VIOLENT crime that official police stats. Shouldn't that be other way around?; you'd expect police to be handling lots of Thug On Thug calls that Soccer Moms never hear about personally.

Squid I see a lot of logical fallicies, cop-bashing and supposition not so much facts and evidence.

First of all your use of a sexual term in the title puts a pall over your whole argument

Second of all just because members of a community may know more than the police about one crime that does not mean that holds true for all crimes. You would need to do detailed statistical research to see if that was true in this case. Your fallicy is the same as seeing a crashed Bentley on the side of the road and saying "I would rather buy a Yugo I've never seen one of them crash"

Third the whole basis of community policing is that the community members know more than the police in a neighborhood. That is not unusual if that is the case. Think of it this way; who knows more about theft in the warehouse, the security guard or the warehouse picker?

Comment

Originally posted by v859 View Post
      Squid I see a lot of logical fallicies, cop-bashing and supposition not so much facts and evidence.

First of all your use of a sexual term in the title puts a pall over your whole argument

Second of all just because members of a community may know more than the police about one crime that does not mean that holds true for all crimes. You would need to do detailed statistical research to see if that was true in this case. Your fallicy is the same as seeing a crashed Bentley on the side of the road and saying "I would rather buy a Yugo I've never seen one of them crash"

Third the whole basis of community policing is that the community members know more than the police in a neighborhood. That is not unusual if that is the case. Think of it this way; who knows more about theft in the warehouse, the security guard or the warehouse picker?
      The story on my Android Google news is now MIA. It had all the stuff about the community group, crime stats, and the city council member, etc.

Whole thing sounded like a repeat of Oakland Hills situation that led them to hiring private security after giving up on police.

Comment

I put little faith in "official" crime statistics. Seattle has been lying about crime for four years now; only recently have they reluctantly admitted that property crimes are through the roof.

A study done in Seattle found that young people generally don't report crime (either too busy or just don't see any reason to). Poor people don't report for various reasons - no time (always working), distrust of the police and again, not seeing the point.

I've mentioned that my middle class neighbors don't report, unless they are filing an insurance claim - there simply is no point in waiting three hours for a deputy to come out, not take a report, not dust for prints even where there are obvious ones on the sliding glass door (true story), etc. You just live and learn - get a bar for the slider door, put your mower in a locked shed, buy a game camera (actually not a deterrent anymore, because the cops don't want the photos - again, true story from the neighbor), etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
          I put little faith in "official" crime statistics. Seattle has been lying about crime for four years now; only recently have they reluctantly admitted that property crimes are through the roof.
          I was at now closing SF Projects "Double Rock" on election day about 3:15pm. Someone I later found out was about 30yr old woman had been shot (9 shots fired) out by the main gate (several cops, FD response etc). Nothing in the news, and even sent email to SF Gate. About two weeks later I ask the little group of cops at the substation if they ever caught the guy etc. "We know who it was, we are waiting for the right time". Huh? How would you like to be that woman out of the hospital in that same 'hood knowing the cops are letting some guy that was shooting you in broad daylight roam free because??? reasons.

I kinda tried to see if the shooting even showed up on any crime stats but AFAIK SFPD don't really got a number for that.

Comment

Originally posted by v859 View Post

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X