Flashlight issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTEXSEC1 View Post

Sadly, people have been sued for that in this industry for using at as a weapon and not its intended purpose.
    Meh. no one's going to take the word of some squirrel headed crack bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Trunk Monkey View Post

Meh. no one's going to take the word of some squirrel headed crack bastard.
      A "squirrel headed crack bastard" who has a flashlight dent in his head will have his word taken seriously in court.....

Comment

Originally posted by Consolewatcher View Post

A "squirrel headed crack bastard" who has a flashlight dent in his head will have his word taken seriously in court.....
        I have a tatoo on my right wrist, it says 1488. Let's just say that like-minded cops have seen it once or twice and it's got me out of trouble

Comment

Trunk Monkey - I'm not going to flag your last post (#18) on the very slim chance that I'm wrong - "1488" is a code symbol for white supremacy. Let's get back to flashlights or let this go.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
            Trunk Monkey - I'm not going to flag your last post (#18) on the very slim chance that I'm wrong - "1488" is a code symbol for white supremacy. Let's get back to flashlights or let this go.
            So telling you I have a tattoo breaks what rule exactly? You worry about what YOU post

Comment

Content Guidelines for Forums.SecurityInfoWatch.com

This is a site for professionals, by professionals, and we intend to keep it that way. Prohibited Content: Any content that attacks or slanders an individual or forum; divulges personal information about other users or organization in a defamatory, inappropriate or illegal manner; sexually explicit language or discussion or innuendo; copywritten material which the user does not have explicit permission to repost on SecurityInfoWatch.com; and any additional posting, topic, userid, profile message or any component of these forums which the owners deem inappropriate. No profanity allowed. SecurityInfoWatch.com reserves the right to remove any posting, user or content with or without notice, explanation or reason.

You haven't broken a rule. But you were getting into territory where one should tread lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
                Content Guidelines for Forums.SecurityInfoWatch.com

This is a site for professionals, by professionals, and we intend to keep it that way. Prohibited Content: Any content that attacks or slanders an individual or forum; divulges personal information about other users or organization in a defamatory, inappropriate or illegal manner; sexually explicit language or discussion or innuendo; copywritten material which the user does not have explicit permission to repost on SecurityInfoWatch.com; and any additional posting, topic, userid, profile message or any component of these forums which the owners deem inappropriate. No profanity allowed. SecurityInfoWatch.com reserves the right to remove any posting, user or content with or without notice, explanation or reason.

You haven't broken a rule. But you were getting into territory where one should tread lightly.
                So again, telling you I have a tattoo and that that tattoo has gotten me out of trouble a couple of times doesn't break any rules. Can you see where maybe you're the one overstepping your bounds? And maybe you should limit your concerns to what you post as opposed to playing self-appointed Hall Monitor?

Comment

So again, telling you I have a tattoo and that that tattoo has gotten me out of trouble a couple of times doesn't break any rules. Can you see where maybe you're the one overstepping your bounds? And maybe you should limit your concerns to what you post as opposed to playing self-appointed Hall Monitor?
                  Allow me to clarify: take your racist trash self somewhere else. There is no room in modern society, or in a field where we hold some position of authority and trust for an ignorant, racist piece of garbage.
                  A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

I have a tatoo on my right wrist, it says 1488. Let's just say that like-minded cops have seen it once or twice and it's got me out of trouble
                    If internal affairs heard about it, the police officer involved would be in for some trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Gretchen's Dad View Post
                      I'm in the market for a new flashlight. I have a Fenix TK 15 (I think) which is pretty small but very bright for its size.

I also have a Fenix TK 75, which clocks in at 2600 lumens.

The small one is too small and not bright enough for the outside, though it's easy to carry. The big one is nice and bright, but it will kill the four 18650 batteries in a little over an hour. The batteries then take several hours to recharge, and, of course, there's a limit to recharges before performance suffers. It's also too hard to carry around for long due to it's size, and it heats up quickly.

So I need something smaller that will fit on a belt or in a scabbard, but brighter than the small one. I don't consider anything less than 2000 lumens to be useful. Ideas?
                      Sounds like you just need an extra set or two of rechargeable batts for the TK 75.

Then get creative and make a custom means of carrying it, probably out of tube webbing with some stiff foam "backer rod" stuffed in to give it structure so it holds open to catch the flashlight.

Comment

Knock it off! This is a discussion about FLASHLIGHTS.

Squid,

Thanks for steering it back on target.

Comment

Originally posted by CTEXSEC1 View Post

Sadly, people have been sued for that in this industry for using at as a weapon and not its intended purpose.
                          The funny thing is, I was reading the IAHSS basic for a recert, and it mentioned as part of your equipment how to use a flashlight as a defensive weapon. I'll have to find that page and show it to you sometime, because I thought along a similar line there, not to use it for purposes other than what it was intended for.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomX0990 View Post

The funny thing is, I was reading the IAHSS basic for a recert, and it mentioned as part of your equipment how to use a flashlight as a defensive weapon. I'll have to find that page and show it to you sometime, because I thought along a similar line there, not to use it for purposes other than what it was intended for.
                            Apparently cops opting for a flashlight over baton is pretty common.

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/aug...e-flashlights4
                            A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

In my town our cable company in the early 1900s had some US TV stations from Detroit. I think it was in 1992 there was a case involving two Detroit police officers who used a flashlight on a suspect. If i remember the suspect name was Malice Green who later died. The officers used a flashlight as a baton, and were later convicted of second degree murder. So be advised if you use your flashlight as a baton you may end up in some deep legal trouble.
                              Last edited by fortsmithman; 02-21-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X