Clear All

• Why Cope and I aren't cops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Why I'm not a cop..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	221806Why we are not cops.
    Last edited by HotelSecurity; 07-06-2013, 04:54 PM. Reason: wrong photo
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

HS: There is some truth in what you say. I was watching COPS, Cincinnati
    Arrested woman wasn't violent, but she was pointing her finger at the arresting
    cop as she was being brought into the detention center. Threatening him, and his family
    Some times someone is all mouth. This lady looked you would not want to mess with her

It would be about that time, I'd do serious slapping with a baseball bat
    Your right I would be up for police brutally my first hour as a police officer
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Not trying to be rude, but what exactly is hotel security? When we have a client staying at a hotel, we bring our own team in.
      Every time [some software engineer] says, “Nobody will go to the trouble of doing that,” there’s some kid in Finland who will go to the trouble.

— Alex Mayfield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by DonTheo View Post
        Not trying to be rude, but what exactly is hotel security? When we have a client staying at a hotel, we bring our own team in.
        Im guessing it would.be security for a.building that temporarily houses people for a fee.
        Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by zm88 View Post
          Im guessing it would.be security for a.building that temporarily houses people for a fee.
          It also often contains restaurants, bars, gift shops & reception halls.

Comment

I don't understand your post. I work in a 500 room hotel. If every guest brought their own security team the corridors would be pretty jammed.

A well organized hotel security department acts as the eyes & ears of management during off hours, acts as first responders to any emergency & does prevention.

Comment

Not trying to be rude, but what exactly is hotel security?

What exactly is Hotel Security? You don't know? Why he is the Conservative Prime Minister of Canada in disguise.

Comment

I cant figure out if you do all that before or after watching cops. Yes, we have to bring our own details. I don't think your pocket of keys are going to do much good.
                Every time [some software engineer] says, “Nobody will go to the trouble of doing that,” there’s some kid in Finland who will go to the trouble.

— Alex Mayfield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I cant figure out if you do all that before or after watching cops. Yes, we have to bring our own details. I don't think your pocket of keys are going to do much good.
                  What are you talking about? What pocket of keys? Do what before or after watching COPS?

Comment

It usually takes me longer to p*ss someone off. I'm getting better. BTW you did not succeed in not being rude.

If your post is a sarcastic way of saying you do not believe in unarmed Security, I have no choice. Canada does not allow it's Security personnel to be armed. And 99% of my work does not require a weapon. The majority of interventios we do are noise complaint, responding to fire alarms & providing medical assistance.

Comment

DonTheo:

DonTheo:

Let me explain who we are and what we are. Most of us are in the business of some form security
                      Retail, Hotel, Hospital, myself Industrial

We come from all over the world. Finland, United Kingdom, Canada, United States
                      We are of different races. White, black
                      From Pennsylvania, to Seattle, to California, to Florida, yes to your Texas, to my home state of Massachusetts
                      We are Liberals. We are conservatives
                      We chat about a wide range of subjects
                      Automobiles, Sports, Politics, our pets. our kids, what's on television. some times s*x, and yes Security

We often do not agree. Very Often
                      We get peeved with one another
                      Sometimes we make an a** out of ourselves and apology
                      Hotel Security and I march a different drummer
                      He is Liberal, and I am Conservative
                      We are of different religions

We have former well respected Police Officers
                      We often ask and request advice
                      Son-of-A-Pilot asked advice of a new career choice
                      Much advice, but lots of "Good Luck"

Many of us have been in the Security Industry for years, and years
                      Me? 41 years and counting. Have worked or are working for the big boys in the Industry
                      Pinkerton, Securitas, and U.S. Security Associates
                      Hotel Security, and I have been at the same sites, and accounts for bucket of years

As I have written your going across the spectrum joining this forum
                      Want advice, and we all come a running

A lot of us have been on this forum from its infancy
                      Don't know how long, but it was long before the 2008 election

One thing we all share in common
                      We are friends, and we respect one another
                      We are family
                      Hotel Security and I may have different political views,
                      but HS in my view is one real cool cat
                      Pick on Cameraman, Curtis, SecTrainer, Pop Pop, Squid, Condo Security, Dark Caesar, our friend across the Ocean
                      in Finland, and be ready for a rumble

Those are my views

Comment

You know. That's cool. It seems like you guys in the private security forum are he only active ones on the site. My background is in advanced threat detection, executive protection and the control of extraordinary violence. I was just pissed at the forum in general and made a coment I should not have. Look at the rest of the forums, no post since last year. I was referred here for some expert advice and there are just vendors.

I am glad your part of the forum is active and you can help each other out.

As iam not a guard and the balance of this site is dead I will sa Adios. My company is made up of just a bunch of old ex military most of us from the cold war days. Which mat be relevant again. Whose idea was it to bring the Russian military in to help with our U.S. security?

— Alex Mayfield

Comment

You know. That's cool. It seems like you guys in the private security forum are he only active ones on the site. My background is in advanced threat detection, executive protection and the control of extraordinary violence. I was just pissed at the forum in general and made a coment I should not have. Look at the rest of the forums, no post since last year. I was referred here for some expert advice and there are just vendors.

I am glad your part of the forum is active and you can help each other out.

As iam not a guard and the balance of this site is dead I will sa Adios. My company is made up of just a bunch of old ex military most of us from the cold war days. Which mat be relevant again. Whose idea was it to bring the Russian military in to help with our U.S. security?
                          DonTheo: I cannot speak for the rest of us, but I would like to have you hang with us. I am a Veteran, and have deep respect for the members of your company. Comments you made? I myself have made some real dumb ones
                          I'd like to hear views from a different side of the street.

And it isn't just views on Security. Curtis and I have a good nature jabbing of each other on whether Ford or
                          Chevrolet is a better car. Thank God for Impalas

So if you haven't left us Stick Around. You are with some good, sometime crazy bunch of guys

Russian military help U.S. Security? I''d love to hear more about this
                          Ronald Reagan would be spinning in his grave if he knew this

Comment

I've been thinking all day how to answer your question, and it all depends on whether this was an honest question or just a cheap shot. The "keys in your pocket" phrase in your later post incline me to believe it was the latter. And if so, kindly at least don't start off an insult with a lie: "Not trying to be rude...."

Of course you were trying to be rude.

The only alternative is to believe that you must be the dumbest "protection team" member it's been my misfortune to run across on this forum - and there have been some doozies (anyone remember Christopher Holmes?). Anyone doing personal protection work will not need to be told "what hotel security is", or what hotel security does, because no professional protection team does anything at all in a venue where there is a resident security presence (whether hotel, hospital, corporate campus, etc.) without establishing liaison with that security entity. So either you know the answer to your question perfectly well, or your principal is in worse trouble than he imagines because he has a bunch of amateur cowboys for a "security team".

Or (God forbid) maybe you think "REAL security people" all run around in ill-fitting suits and dark glasses, talking up their sleeves into hidden microphones and saying things like "Badger, I have a lock on the Eagle. Scramble now!"

I'm just sayin', to be honest, that I'm not sure you could do HotelSecurity's job, because it isn't an easy one, I assure you. Hell, I'm not sure I could do it. It takes a unique blend of personal and professional skills to be successful in hospitality security, and he's been doing it for decades so I think we could call him successful.

Now - If you're not really as uninformed as your question implies, the only inference I can make is that you were rude to a long-standing and respected member of this forum, and you can take that somewhere else. There must be a Men In Black forum somewhere, no?
                            Last edited by SecTrainer; 07-08-2013, 10:31 AM.
                            "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

There is no answer to my question. It was a bad post that was made in frustration with the site. I also didn't rea;ize the post was made in the off topic section. I should have been kicked off by a moderator. lol By the way, is there a moderator?

Like I said, the guard section is the only part of the forum that seems to be communicating and helping each other out. The balance of the forums very rarely get used and when they are, a lot of the posts are made by unprofessional people. The balance of the site is manufacturers trying to sell their products.

As far as the Russians go, Obama signed some kind of agreement to share information on natural diasasters. That got twisted by our media and rumored that the Russian army was going to start supply extra duty for crowd control for major events, which was not true. But I am still concerned that we are signing anything with them. I still don't trust them and thye just proved why by harboring that NSA scum. Everyone knew this was and has been going on for years.

— Alex Mayfield

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X